Accident.

"Why can't you show your true feelings for once?! How can I know that you even want to be with me if you never say that you love me?? I'm sick of fighting for you all the time and getting nothing in return!"

Ruki stared at Reita's furious expression, but he didn't know what to say.

"I'm done. I'm so done..." Reita whispered. He turned and walked out, slamming the door shut so loud that it echoed in Ruki's ears.

Ruki stood in the middle of the living room, unable to realize what had just happened.

Reita was furious, though. And that was Ruki's fault. For being unable to say three simple words.

He finally realized that if he doesn't do something now, he'll lose Reita forever.

Ruki grabbed his keys and chased after Reita.

He was on the street, almost there.

Suddenly Ruki froze. Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion. All he heard was the squeal of breaks and a huge crash.

A second later his boyfriend was laying on the ground. He wasn't moving.

"NOOO~!!" Ruki screamed and started running.

He dropped on his knees and started crying. "No! NO! Reita! NO!!" he whimpered, touching Reita's blood covered face.

From that moment on, everything passed in a blur. Like someone had pressed mute and fwd button at the same time.

There was a lot of moving and noise around them. In the distance, the alarm of the ambulance and police reached the witness' ears.

"We don't know if he's going to make it. I'm  very sorry. Has he got any family? Relatives?" the doctor asked, hours later. His voice sounded distant to Ruki.

"No..." Ruki whispered weakly. "Just me..." he added, staring into nothingness. "Can I see him?" he turned his sad, empty eyes on the doctor for the first time.

"Sure. But he needs to rest."

Ruki entered the ward and sat on the chair next to the bed. He took Reita's hand in his.

Even now, all bandaged up and clean...Ruki could only see him covered in blood, crumpled up on the wet ground.

Ruki put his head down on the bed and cried.

The monitors and machines beeped, flashed and blinked; fighting for Reita's life. Ruki tried to ignore them.

"Of course I love you, silly boy. I always have. I always will." he whispered, kissing Reita's hand. A few teardrops fell on the bedsheets. "Stay with me. You have to fight. Stay..."

Reita didn't wake up for weeks. But he was recovering, according to the doctor.

Ruki barely left Reita's side.

A month later, when Ruki was talking to Reita like usually, he felt a finger twich.

Ruki gasped and looked at Reita's pale face. He had one eye slightly open, the other one struggling.

"Is that so?" he whispered weakly. "You really love me?"

Ruki squeezed Reita's hand. "Yes. I do love you, Reita!"

Reita smiled slightly at the small guy by his bed. He closed his eye again and stayed very still.

"Reita??" Ruki said warily. "Reita can you hear me?? Reita!!??" Ruki shook him slightly.

A low, weak chuckle escaped Reita's lips.

Ruki gasped. "Never do that to me! Do you understand?? Never."

Reita smiled. "I promise. Sleep now, my love."

"I need to sleep?? I think it's you!!" Ruki pouted.

"Haven't I done that long enough already?"

Ruki put his hand over Reita's mouth. "Rest."