Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

‘You’re alright to play?’ Jake asked, dropping into step with him but he ended up nearly jogging to keep up. James ignored him, thinking about Amelia and Scorpius, as Jake chuckled, ‘so your cousin was a virgin until last night? Seriously?’

James stopped and turned immediately, intimidating Jake only with his eyes. He glared at him, the other stopping to stare, as Jake stammered an apology with his hands held up as though in surrender.

‘I would punch you but I think I’ll keep that for Malfoy,’ Scorpius growled, grabbing the front of Jakes’ uniform and twisting it so that the shirt cut the back of his neck harshly, ‘if I catch you looking at Amelia or even thinking about her, I’ll make sure you won’t be able to ride a broom ever again.’

James turned after pushing Jake back so that he hit the wall behind him. The others waited a little while in the corridor for Jake to regain his composure before following James, letting him go first. He knew they were probably talking about him right now, behind his back, but he didn't care at all. He marched out of the castle and towards the Quidditch pitch where they would be practicing against the Slytherins.

‘Now, remember, we’re just going to play one game with them. No foul play, like always. Potter! Keep your head in the game!’ James didn't listen to the keeper as he talked when they got to the pitch. He saw Scorpius chatting to one of his team members, already on the Quidditch pitch. Without a warning, he was stalking towards him, his team members calling out to him, ‘Potter! Back here!’

‘In a minute,’ he said to himself, staring at Scorpius with eyes that could kill even the friendliest of things.

Scorpius turned around when the boy he was talking to gestured to James. Scorpius raised his eyebrows at him, watching as his girlfriend’s cousin tracked over to him with a sneer. He took a step forwards, some of the boys behind him smirked, sensing a fight or some sort of argument.

‘Well, well, well, Potter. Walking away from the team, are you? Have you finally realised that our team is way better than yours?’ Scorpius asked, smirking as he set his broom’s handle on the ground and leaned on it, glancing at his team members  behind him, ‘we don’t accept rookies on our team. You can leave.’

‘You slept with her,’ James growled under his breath, stopping in front of Scorpius, trying to restrain his hands from flying out to hurt him.

‘She... She told you? Well, I wouldn’t put it past her. She tells you everything, right?’ Scorpius asked, sounding a little annoyed and ignoring the sound of the guys behind him who were trying to figure out who they were talking about. He couldn't believe that Amelia would actually tell her cousin that they slept together for the first time...

‘You slept with Amelia... you... you slept with her! The thought of your grimy hands on her sickens me... If you don’t stay away from her...’ James started, taking a step forwards and letting his sentence waver off dramatically. Scorpius rolled his eyes as he leaned forwards, just about James’ height, so that their faces were close.

‘Then what? What if I don’t stay away from her?’ Scorpius asked, pushing James backwards so that he staggered a few steps. Sounds of appreciation came from behind him as James pushed Scorpius back with only half his strength. Scorpius chuckled without humour, ‘that all you got, Potter?’

‘I’m warning you now. You stay away from her or else I wont be so easy on you,’ James said, growling under his breath.

‘She’s good in bed, you know, for her first time anyway,’ Scorpius said, pushing James just that bit further. He smirked at the way his hands twitched, going for his wand. Scorpius continued, ‘oh and you should know that she was the one wanting me to-’