Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

‘Yes, but that doesn’t mean I want to study with my girlfriend,’ Scorpius said, pulling on his shirt as he sighed, ‘you’re such a nerd, Amelia! Are you done changing now?’

‘First of all, I got changed before you did. Second, I’m not a nerd, I just need to do well in Hogwarts for my future,’ Amelia crossed her arms over her chest, ‘and third... I hope James beats you in Quidditch.’

‘Have you seen me play Quidditch?’ Scorpius asked, turning around and walking towards her. Amelia lifted her hands and placed them on his chest as he came forwards, ‘I could beat him any day!’

‘No, you couldn’t, love. It’s cute that you think that,’ Amelia smirked, knowing she was getting at him. Scorpius narrowed his eyes at her and shook his head before he moved to the sofa and got rid of the sheet they had slept in.

‘Whatever. We should leave or I’ll be late for beating Potter’s ass at Quidditch,’ Scorpius said, walking over to the door. Amelia followed him but he stopped, turning to her, ‘you should probably get your bag from the empty classroom before going to your common room.’

‘Love you,’ she murmured, stretching up to give him a kiss as Scorpius rolled his eyes but he pecked her lips anyway, ushering her out of the room without another word. Amelia looked both ways down the corridor as Scorpius shut the door behind him.

‘See you whenever,’ Scorpius shrugged before turning away and walking, sort of jogging after checking the time, down the corridor. Amelia watched him go, feeling a little bad that she once again made it look like she favoured James over her boyfriend.

---

‘Where the bloody hell have you been?!’ James shot a glare at her as soon as she entered the Gryffindor common room, dressed in what she wore yesterday before the dress.

Amelia got to him, looking her cousin up and down since he was dressed in his Quidditch gear and was standing with two other Quidditch players. One of them was a beater and the other was Jake, the boy from the library. Amelia glanced at Jake who was standing with James with a broom over his shoulder. He raised his eyebrows at her in greeting with a little smile that showed a dimple on one of his cheeks. Amelia smiled back but James clicked his fingers in her face, turning her attention towards him again.

‘Oh... yeah... I fell asleep while studying. No big deal,’ she shrugged, patting the side of his arm, ‘I’ll see you at lunch, okay?’

‘Seriously,’ James said, grabbing her arm as she tried to slink past him slowly. He turned her around so that they were face to face and glanced at Jake and the other boy before saying, in a quieter voice, ‘why are you lying to me? Remember before when we told each other everything and didn't lie? Yeah, let’s go back to that.’

‘We share too much with each other anyway,’ Amelia shrugged, not meeting his eyes, ‘I need to... to... hold a couple of things to myself that you don’t know about, James.’

‘So, you’re basically telling me to mind my own business? I hate how we’re not as close as we used to be and you know why that is?’ Scorpius asked her, leaning in and grimacing, ‘because of Malfoy, of course. I never see you anymore, Amelia. You never want to hang out with me or do anything with me yet you can spend the night with...’

Scorpius’ sentence trailed off at the word night. His eyes widened suddenly and he mouthed the word ‘no’ as though he couldn't muster the strength to speak. Amelia bit her lip, waiting for him finally to figure it out as his eyes swept from her hair to her bag to her last nights clothes.

‘Don’t, James,’ Amelia warned him as he glared at her with a fixed expression, ‘you knew it was going to happen sooner or later!’

‘I’ll kill him,’ James said, warning her just as Jake called out that they had to go now for practice. James glared at her before leaving the common room and walking furiously down the corridor with more than just two of the other Quidditch members following  him.