Chapter Three

Chapter Three

I am so cold and my head really hurts.

I try to snuggle close to the warmth surrounding me but I can’t move. I try to get out from what is holding me still but it is too strong. My eyes flutter but I then wince because the light is too bright. I try the struggle a bit more but I hear a Husky male voice.

“Stop moving.” My body immediately goes limp.

I hear a door shut loudly behind me and I flinch. My captor ignores it and places me on what feels like a sofa. I try to open my eyes again. It is easier this time because the room is only dimly lit. I look at the person who holds me captive. I immediately notice his eyes. They look almost purple.  I take in the rest of him and he only gets hotter. He has black shortish hair. He must be at least 6’7ft and is built like a rugby player. He has a lip ring and two barbells in his eyebrow. He is wearing a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and to buttons undone which shows off his tattoos covering his neck, chest and arms.  He is also wearing black combats and converse.

I try to get up but the mysterious man places a hand on my shoulder and tells me to stay put.  

What does this man want with me? I have to get out of here! I am Pretty sure I am still at the club because I can hear music. So I could make a run for it and go and find beast.

The man walks over to a cabinet on the other side of the room and I use this as my chance to escape. I jump up off the sofa and run for the door we just came through. My head spins but I don’t care. I try to turn the door handle but it is locked.

“What do you think you are doing? The last thing I need is you passing out on me again” He yells.

I passed out?

The memories of the last couple of hours return to me and I slump against the wall. I start to feel really sick. I look around the room in desperate need for a toilet. I see another door the left of me and dive towards it.

Bingo!

I kneel on the floor and bring up the whole contents of my stomach. I hear footsteps behind me. I turn to look and she the mysterious man. I see his hand coming towards me. I close my eyes and prepare for the blow but it never comes.  I open my eyes and see the man reaching out a hand to help me up. I ignore it and get up onto my unsteady feet. I sway but I do not fall over. The guy places his large hand on my face and I immediately tense up.

“I will never hurt you. That is a promise” When he says these words I start to relax a little. He drops his hand and says “I think you have concussion so try to take it steady. I have left a glass of water and some painkillers on the side and there is a new toothbrush and some toothpaste in the cabinet above the sink. Help yourself.”  I nod and he leaves the room.

I look in the mirror and am horrified.  All my eye make-up has run, my lip-gloss has smudged half way up my cheek and my hair looks like I have just put my finger in an electricity socket. I scrub my face until it is free of make-up and tie my hair up with a hair band I had on my wrist. I clean my teeth, take the painkillers and then head out the door.

I walk into the room and see the man sat behind his desk fiddling with something on the computer. He does not notice that I have entered the room so I clear my throat.

He turns to look at me and asks in a sympathetic tone “How are you feeling?”

“Like complete shit.” I reply.

He gets up and moves towards me I take a step back. “I promised you I wouldn’t hurt you. I intend to keep that promise but I have to check to see if you are suffering from concussion. Please come and sit on the desk for me.”  I do as he asks.

He stands in front of me and asks “What is your name? And date of birth?”

“Kienna Westford and the 23rd of May 1997.” I replied.

“You are 16? How the hell did you get into the club?” He says in a raised voice.

“I came with friends. They know the …”

“You know what it doesn’t matter.  Can you put your finger to your nose for me?” I do as he asks and answer a few more of his questions. Once he was satisfied that I didn’t have concussion He took a seat behinds his desk and motioned for me to take a seat on the chair which was in front of his desk.

“Are you a doctor or something?” I ask him. His eyes met mine.

“I used to be a front line paramedic in the army.” He offered me no more information but continued to stare at me. I held his gaze. After what felt like a minute he looked away. He took out his phone and started texting on it.

Talking about rude…

 There was a sudden knock on the door and a security guard entered the room.  

“This guy here is called Dave. He is going to take you home.” The mysterious guy told me.

“I am here with friends. I can’t just leave them.”

“Send them a text letting them know you feel ill and that you have a lift back to your house.” He said and then started fiddling with his computer again.

“Okay” I took my phone out of my bra and send starla a quick text which is letting her know I am going home. “Thank you …for everything.”  I said and then walked out the door with Dave.

The ride home with Dave was short and quiet. He parked the car and walked me to my door. “Thank you” He gave me a nod and then left.

I entered the apartment and went straight to my bedroom. I striped down to my underwear and got into bed and fell into a deep sleep.