Prologue

PROLOGUE

Six months after meeting him...

I'm sat on the floor of my boyfriend's gigantic bathroom. I am debating whether to reach up and look at the 14th stick I have just peed on. I have been throwing up here and there for the past month but I just thought I was ill. I have been meaning to go to the doctor but I have been too busy with work and school so I haven't had the time.

I reach on to the counter and clasp the pregnancy test in my hand.

Positive .... Big shocker there.

I throw the test at the wall and it lands with the others. I am so angry. how can I be pregnant? its not possible. My boyfriend Kellan is unable to have kids because of an illness when he was little and I have never been intimate with anyone else. I curl up into the fetal position and wonder whether to do the other 6 tests. I cry for what feels like hours. I am still worrying about what Kellan's reaction is going to be and the fact that I'm going to be a mum.

Holy shit! I'm going to be a mum. I'm sixteen. how can I have a child? I'm still a child myself. How could I have let this happen?

I didn't even hear Kellan come home until I see the bathroom door open and hit the wall with a big thud.

"Kienna? what’s wrong?" Kellan asks in in his deep but panicked voice. He looks around the room to see what could have hurt me and his eyes land on the positive pregnancy tests.

"YOU HAVE CHEATED ON ME?" he harshly shouts and then storms out of the door before I can explain.