Chapter 1

Emma's POV

"Bye, Mary Margaret! I'm off to go to the interview!" I yelled from downstairs.

Mary Margaret came running down the steps and hugged me. "I'll be here if you don't get the job. Just let me know how it goes and what he is like, okay?"

"You bet I will. Okay, I got to go. I'll see you afterwards."

Mary Margaret nodded and I walked out the door and outside to my yellow Volkswagen Beetle. I plugged the address of the interview building into my GPS, and I was off. When I arrived, there were plenty of cars in the parking lot, but I couldn't let that stop me. I walked in and the waiting room was full. I leaned against the wall and looked at all of the people. They must have been there for the interview, or they were trying to catch a glimpse of Killian Jones himself. I in particular just wanted the job. Killian seemed like an arrogant ass. People were called in, and came out with either blank expressions or disappointed ones. Finally it was my turn.

"Emma Swan." A man asked. I looked up from my phone and he gestured for me to go into the room.

'Deep breaths, Emma. It is just an interview. Nothing special.' I told myself. Sure, Killian Jones was good looking, but I needed this job more than anything.

I sat down in the chair in front of the desk that was in the room. I was by myself in the room, and I started getting nervous. I've never had a job where I was somebody's assistant. I had no experience. I thought about going back and giving somebody else who was more qualified to do this, when the side door in the room opened, revealing the man himself. Killian Jones stood there in a tight black shirt. His hair was a mess. He had jeans on, and black sneakers on.

"Emma Swan is it?" He asked sitting down behind the desk.

"Yes." I said nervously.

"Well. You are certainly more beautiful then I first thought, but a beautiful name as that requires a beautiful girl, correct?"

I blushed slightly, but answered anyway. "I'm nothing special or beautiful. Now, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but do you want to start the interview?"

He chuckled and nodded. "Sure thing, Swan."

I took a deep breath and leaned back in the chair.

"I'm sorry, but this isn't going to work for me." He said.

"Oh, okay. I'll go." I said upset with myself and him. He hadn't even given me a chance. Sure I had no idea what I was going to have to do, but at least he could have interviewed me and then turned me down. Maybe he had a bad feeling about me. Maybe that was why he turned the opportunity of hiring me down.

"No. That's not it." He stood up and walked around the desk. He jumped up on top of it and looked at me. "That's better. It doesn't feel right for me to sit behind that. At least not with you."

I nodded and he began asking me questions.

"How good are you at being organized?"

"Fairly good. For my schedules, I know what needs to be done and when to get it done."

"I looked into your background." He began.

Nervousness swept over me. What was he going to say?

"I saw that you never had a job working for somebody like this. Do you think you can handle it?"

"Yes. I believe I can."

"Okay, lass." He flashed me a small smile. "Why did you get sent to jail?"

"My ex framed me for stealing watches from a jewelry store." I said confidently. It was the truth, and if Killian wasn't going to hire me because of what Neal did, then he can shove it.

Killian nodded. "I see." He got up and circled around me. He kneeled behind the chair and put his face to my ear. "So you didn't steal the watches?"

I swallowed hard. "No. He made me go get them, then framed me for stealing them in the first place." I was going to leave out the part where I gave birth to a baby boy while in there. Nobody knew about that except for me.

"Well, Emma. Do you have a phone number that I can contact you on?" He asked, raising from the kneeling position behind me.

"Yeah." I got into my purse and attempted to find a pen and paper when he stopped me.

"Here." He handed me a pen and a paper. I wrote my cell phone number down and shook his hand. "It was lovely meeting you, Swan."

"And you, Mr. Jones." I reached for the doorknob when he said something.

"It's Killian. Call me Killian, love."

I nodded and smiled. I opened the door and shut it behind me after walking out. I stood in the hallway like a lost puppy for a few seconds when my phone began ringing. I answered it, even though it was a phone number I hadn't recognized before. "Hello?"

"Is this Emma Swan?" They asked, but I knew who it was.

"Yes, Killian. This is Emma Swan."

"Good! I wanted to tell you that you were hired!"

I removed the phone from my ear and walked back into the room. "You couldn't have told me that before I walked out?"

"Do you want the job or not?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Good." He dug out a pager, a GPS and a set of keys. He pointed to one of the keys. "This one goes to my house. I want you to be there whenever I tell you to be." He pointed to the other one. "This one goes to your living space. With this job I am paying for your space." He handed me the items. "The GPS has your building address and my house address. I will give you addresses of where I need or want you to be so you can add them. I will either contact you with the pager or your cellphone." I nodded in understanding. "I want you at my house tomorrow morning at 8:00 sharp. No later. If you come earlier, well you could catch a handsome celebrity shirtless." He said with a smirk. I kept a straight face. "Right! Well you best be going. I have more people to turn down, and you have a big day tomorrow."

"Thanks for the job and the apartment, Mr. Jones." I said. I walked to the door and put my hand on the knob, but he stopped me once more.

"I told you, love. It's Killian." I rolled my eyes. "It's not nice to roll your eyes at your boss."

I raised an eyebrow. "I'm still here if you want to fire me."

He smirked. "I wouldn't dream of it."