Chapter 16: Surprises

Karlie waited for Toni to completely have disappeared down the street before she walked up the steps and carefully knocked. When there was no intention of Taylor opening it up she took it apon herself and walked in.

"Taylor?" She called out , scoping out the empty room. She heard quiet sniffles coming from the room. She walked over and knocked again, "I'm coming in."

"N-no Karlie p-please don't. I don't want to see you."

"I want to see you. I'm coming in." She put her hand on the knob and gave it a little wiggle to see if it was locked. She opened it up and saw Taylor laying flat on her back , her hands covering her face as she cried.

"Karlie I'm s-so sorry. I'm s-so sorry." She sobbed heavily out of breath. Keeping her face covered.

Karlie couldn't help the small frown that appeared on her face.
Something about hearing Taylor's strained voice and her apologizing for something that wasn't her fault , gave Karlie great pain in her chest.

"You have no reason to be crying." Karlie spoke. The first time Taylor heard Karlie's voice closely again in what felt like ages. She felt Karlie's body weight on the bed as she sat down next to Taylor's body.

"You d-don't understand w-what I'm going t-through." Taylor mumbled turning her body to face away from Karlie.

"Then explain it to me." Karlie pleaded in a soft voice , she placed her hand on Taylor's back and tried soothing her a bit.

"I don't know how."

Taylor shyly moved her hands and wiped at her tears. She turned around and Karlie removed her hand.

Her cheeks , her nose , her eyes , everything was a light pink as Karlie scanned over her soft yet tired features. Her blue eyes were puffy but extremely bright.

"You're stupid for letting her touch you. You know that right? Completely stupid." She said. Even though her comment was slightly intimidating and scolding , Karlie still managed to have her voice soft.

"Toni isn't a good person Taylor. Believe me when I say that it makes me sick knowing you let her." Karlie further says , her jaw clenches just thinking about it. Taylor sniffles and starts crying again. She turns her body away from Karlie and cries. Everything felt so wrong. Everything she was doing , everything she was feeling. It was wrong to have such feelings for Karlie and it was wrong to have let Toni do what she did. And it was completely wrong to think of Karlie during the whole thing.

She couldn't help but cry even though she didn't want to cry in front of Karlie.

"Taylor... Don't cry..." Karlie moved closer.

"Why did y-you wait outside? I- I thought y-you left."

Karlie sighed and looked at her lap. Now felt like the right time to be honest with her. Karlie was tired of lying and keeping secrets all the time too , but she knows she has to. But I'm not going to lie about this. Not everthing I tell her has to be a lie.

"I wanted to make sure Toni didn't sleep over."

Taylor didn't even want to ask more to that reply. She decided to just change the subject. She didn't want to think of Toni while with Karlie when just 30 minutes ago she was thinking of Karlie with Toni.

"I feel so gross..." Taylor shifted in the bed to lay flat on her back once more , She stared at the ceiling and felt Karlie's stare.

"That's how everyone feels when they just get done doing that for the first time." Karlie says still intently looking at Taylor.