"I'm sorry to trouble you but my daughter would really like the teddy bear up there." She pointed to the bear which was adorning a red bowtie. "But I'm useless at these games." She whispered light heartedly. "Would you mind having a go for her, please?"

"Course." Harry smiled.

The woman handed her money over to the attendant before giving Harry the three balls again. I stood with them and we watched as Harry displayed his skill, the three of us clapping when the cans fell down. He turned grinning, bending down to the girls' tiny height.

"There you go darlin'." Harry smiled handing her the bear.

"What do you say?" The mother encouraged.

"Thank you." She spoke in a small voice.

"You're welcome."

As Harry got to his feet the mother gripped his forearm.

"Thank you so much." She spoke in a hushed tone.

He gave her a nod, displaying his dimples. Harry gripped my hand, tugging me away from them. I looked back to see the little girl, her new bear held tightly to her chest.

"That was really sweet of you." I gushed.

He mumbled in response, keeping his head down. But I could see that his cheeks were lightly tinged in pink.

***

I heard Harry curse as he pulled out the ringing phone from his back pocket. Big green eyes glanced to the screen, obviously recognising the person's name flashing up as a slight smile spread on his plump lips. I was unable to get a decent look. My mouth moved before my brain could catch up.

"Who is it?"

Harry's head came up, wide green eyes locking with mine. He clearly wasn't prepared for my question.

"Umm.." he struggled.

"You don't have to tell me, I'm just curious." I paused, Harry still staring, the phone ringing between us. "I-It's just you always look so happy when they call, I just wondered.." I trailed off quietly.

"It's an old friend." He nodded almost as if he was trying to convince himself.

"Oh, ok." I bit my lip.

He answered the call, quickly telling the mystery person to hang on before looking to me.

"I need you to stay here." He instructed. "I mean it Bo, don't move."

His stern gaze pinned me to the spot.

"Fine." I replied, dramatically waving him off.

"I'll be back in a minute. Don't wander off."

His possessive need to keep me safe often caused him to treat me like a child. I knew he was only being careful but his constant protectiveness had started to get on my nerves lately. I watched him walk away through the many people attending the fair. I held my turtle under my arm as he glanced back. Did he not trust me? I animatedly pointed to the spot I was stood in, mouthing "here". The phone was now pressed to the side of his head, his finger in his other ear as he tried to block out the surrounding amusement noises. I knew he was annoyed when his eyebrows descended, frowning at me. "Don't mock me." He angrily mouthed back.

I waited for Harry, swinging my legs on the large unused stand I had climbed up on. My fingers pulled off wisps of pink candy florr from the bag Harry had bought me, bringing it up to my mouth and letting the sugar melt on my tongue. I smiled as small children walked past with balloons gripped tightly I their tiny hands. I was quite content with my people watching until a voice broke me out of my thoughts.