Chap 2 "The Investigation"

Tony's POV
"Now what?" I asked.
"I'll see what I can analyze from this," Abby smiled and left.
"Okay," Charlotte sighed.
"What now?" I asked.
"Charlotte's your leader," Gibbs pointed. "Ask her and make sure you show her how great of a team you are."
"My daughter is my boss," I sighed. "This is going to be hard."
"Haha, Dad," Charlotte nodded. "You're really intimidated by me, aren't you?" I nodded. "You're not when you're at home."
"Because my job isn't on the line when I'm at home," I responded. "Anyways, what do you need up to do?"
"Well, this is Brooklyn Jones," Charlotte sighed pulling up Brooke's picture on the big screen. "So, McGee, can you pull up the surveillance feed?"
"I'll try my best at 3 in the morning," McGee sighed typing.
"This is my best friend," Charlotte replied. "You're going to do your best at 3am whether you like it or not."
"Yes ma'am," McGee nodded.
"And don't call me ma'am," Charlotte sighed. "Dad and Ziva, go examine the scene."
"I got it," McGee replied pulling the video up on the screen.
"I'll meet you out there," Charlotte nodded. Ziva and I walked to the elevator. "See if you can enhance that license plate. I need to go check the scene." The doors were about to close but Charlotte caught up in time. "Brooke is a smart girl."
"I'm sure her dad taught her precautions just like I did with you," I nodded. "Don't worry, Charlotte. We'll get her back in time."
"Good, because if not, I need to find a new manager quickly," Charlotte replied. "And I can't do that because Brooke got me where I am today." We walked to our car. "She always knows what's going on. If I bring in someone new, they wouldn't know what to do first." We got into our car and drove to the scene. Police were already there. We showed our band and crossed the police tape. "Let's see what we have."
"Charlotte, I understand your career is on the line," I nodded. "But what are you going to do when we don't find her?"
"Tell my boyfriend I'm sorry and tell the director that he'll have to find another girl to cast," Charlotte shrugged. "I've done fine with my guitar. I can go back to music."
"But acting is your life," I replied.
"I know," Charlotte nodded. "I'm not doing it without Brooke though." She looked around the bushes. "How can a scene be so clean?"
"She's determined," I nodded.
"And might want to rethink her professional and personal relations with Brooke," Ziva said going through a phone. "Come look at this, Tony." I walked over to her. "This is Brooke's phone and I don't think you want Charlotte to get ahold of it."
I put on my gloves and got the phone. "But Charlotte auditioned," I replied. I read one of the texts out. "Charlotte doesn't deserve the role! She auditioned to be the pink. Why was she chosen to be yellow? This is so messed up! She's so selfish that she had to rub it in my face that she got the part."
"We got one of those on our hands," Ziva nodded. "Read the text that she received after that."
"B, calm down! Maybe they thought she would've been a better fit for yellow. You didn't audition, did you?" I read. "Okay, who is she texting?" I read the name. "Daniel Rivera...that name sounds familiar."
"Tony, read the text after that one too " Ziva nodded.
"Well, in the e-mail I sent with the video, I said that since we are both best friends and wanted to audition. we collaborated on the scene....Danny, idk what to do?! We head to New Zealand on Wednesday..." I looked at Ziva and handed her the phone. "I need to talk to Charlotte."
"Tony," Ziva sighed.
"No, I'm not going to bring this up," I replied. "Charlotte." I walked up to her. "Sweetheart?"
"Dad, look what I found," Charlotte replied picking up a purse. "This is Brooke's purse. The one I got her last year." I looked at her. "And this is a strand of blonde hair. Brooke, doesn't have blonde hair." She put the strand of hair in a zip-lock bag. "I think we have a suspect."
"Who is Daniel Rivera?" I asked.
"He's Brooke's on again off again boyfriend," Charlotte shrugged. "Never understood those two." She looked at me. "Why?"
"I think he might have had something to do with Brooke's abduction," I sighed.
"Are we talking about the same Daniel Rivera? Because Danny would never," Charlotte nodded. "He loves Brooke and is crazy about her but he would never invade her like that."
"He may have been the last one to see Brooke," I explained. "We're going to bring him in and question him."
"As long as Gibbs does the interrogation," Charlotte crossed her arms.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because you'll look at Danny like a criminal and you already think he's guilty," Charlotte nodded. "And that will make Danny feel guilty and he'll say it's his fault." I looked at my daughter like she was crazy. "Dad, it's Danny. I know him just like Brooke does."
"Charlotte, we're bringing him in," I replied. All of our phones rang and we all checked it. "It's a blocked number."
—————
Video
"NCIS, I'm glad I got your attention," said the guy in the mask with a voice modulator. "If you want her back alive, you'll do as I say." The camera was on Brooke. "When you get back to the office, there will be a package on the father's best friend's desk. Good luck and let the games begin."
—————
"We need to get back to NCIS," Charlotte replied.
We went to NCIS. "Gibbs," I replied as we walked inside. He was holding a package. "Is that for me?"
"It is, DiNozzo," Gibbs nodded.
"Thank you," I said grabbing the package. "Let's see what this is."