Chapter 1: Betrayal of Friends

I, Skyler Madison Hart am just a sixteen year old normal girl. Well not normal because I am a young archeologist with my best friend Max. I didn't know that my best friend would do such a betrayal to me. It all started at mid autumn, when we attended a meeting at Texas.

Our team archeologist chief, Mr. Fred conducted a meeting to tell the other archeologists about finding a sacred gem at the deepest part of the Giza. I just rolled my eyes to the idea of having a competition among us. It just sound dump. After the meeting Max and I just when back when after commenting about the contest.

Back home, I felt uneasy. I had thoughts about Max betraying me for the award after someone finds the gem. The award possess great amount of respect among us. But I could not get back from the feeling will he betray me.

Well he did.

After I fell sound asleep, I got a text massage from Max.

" Hey Sky, just wanted to tell you about the contest. You know about it right. So the main reason about the text is I want to tell you to DO NOT PARTICIPATE AT THE CONTEST because I want to win and I don't want the guilt I'm betraying you. Good night."

That text made my heart shatter to million pieces. My best friend wants me to give up. I could he simply say that. Didn't he always say,' Whatever it is we will always be together'. Remembering that made me shed tears.

I spend the next few hours crying but I suddenly found the urge the beat my best friend. No since he send me that text he is my ENEMY.