the one with sirius black

"Pretty words aren't always
true
and true words aren't always
pretty."

AS I TIPTOED BACK to my dorm I faced Hermione and cursed.

"Where were you?" She asked.

"Astronomy Tower," I answered wondering why was she up so late.

"Why were you up so late?" She asked me folding her arms across her chest.

"Jeez. I went to meet Draco," I said.

I knew how bad Harry, Ron and Hermione thought of Draco, but he's cool. So I shouldn't care what others say right?

Hermione sighed.

"Look, I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but you are fraternizing with the enemy," She declared and my eyes widened. With amusement though.

"Are you kidding me 'Mione? Enemy? What has he ever done to you?" I asked huffing.

"He's a Slytherin," She stated exasperated. "All he's done all his life is make our lives miserable!"

"So? I thought you read Hogwarts: A history! It's clearly stated there that this school was built on the basis of friendship between the founders. Friendship 'Mione! That means there was a time when Slytherins and Gryffindors weren't short sighted hypocrites!" I whisper yelled and plopped on the couch.

Hermione opened her mouth to say something but didn't.

"Have a seat Hermione," I said rubbing my temples. She glared but sat down.

"Slytherins aren't bad. They're determined. They're a misunderstood bunch of people. And you wouldn't know unless you try to know," I said.

"Malfoy hates us," She grumbled.

"He's wired that way Hermione. Don't let your eyes fool you. He grew up in a surrounding that taught him to hate certain people. You know how his father went over to the Dark Side! He has no choice," I whisper yelled.

She looked disdainful. Probably contemplating whether or not to go with my judgement.

"When Malfoy is with us," She said in a breathy voice, "he's evil. He's at his worst. But with you, he's a different person, Sky. You're the first person who made him different. Not even Blaise, Theo or Pansy were able to do that," she declared.

And I stared at her.

"What do you mean?"

"You bring out the best in him Skylar. But. . . " her voice trailed off.

"But what?" I demanded.

"I don't know what he does to you, Sky."

~°~

Hogsmeade was buzzing. It was literally the biggest magic colony. There's Dufftown too but that's comparatively smaller.

There were too many shops to go to.

Draco asked me to go with him but I denied because of my plan.

I went to Hogsmeade with Harry, Ron and Hermione. Hogsmeade looked like a Christmas card; the little thatched cottages and shops were all covered in a layer of crisp snow; there were holly wreaths on the doors and strings of enchanted candles hanging in the trees.

We went to Honeydukes. I got loads of sweet meat, namely, Cauldron Cakes, Chocolate Frogs, Licorice Wands, Pepper Imps, Chocoballs, Ice Mice, Jelly Slugs, Levitating Sherbet Balls, Acid Pops and Sugar Quills.

Yes, that many.

For Sirius.

God knows when was the last time he had some proper food. And it was cold as fuck. Like, it's November and snowing. Australia doesn't snow this much.

I also grabbed a thermos flask full of coffee from The Three Broomsticks.

I also managed to get some roasted beef, pork chops, roasted chicken, sausages, bacon, steak and kidney pie, roasted garlic bread and mashed potatoes from the kitchen. The house elves are absolutely lovely. They also gave me some treacle tart.

So I had a big doufel bag full of food. I bought a couple of paper plates and cups and disappeared in the crowds.

Hermione, Ron and Harry, I noticed, went into the Hog's Head. Well, technically Harry did, the rest of them waited outside.

And I started walking towards the Shrieking Shack.

It was literally a thousand miles away. The place was filled with Moss and undergrowth. There were creepers and climbers around.

"Goddamn. No one cleans this place or what!" I shrieked as I tore through the plants and made my way to the door.

And it was scary.

It was eerily quite and felt as if Dark wizards would pop out from anywhere.

As I stepped on the porch, the wooden plank beneath my feet made a clinking noise.

It was like Exorcist.

I gulped as I twisted the knob of door was opened it.

A black dog, big and furry, was barring it's teeth at me.

Of course I was scared but I can't run away.

I took a step forward and it growled.

"Relax. I'm not going to hurt you," I said, dropping the bag on the floor.

It was Sirius Black and no one knew better than me.

I took out my wand from the inner pockets and placed it on the floor.

He looked a bit confused but then barked.

I flinched.

"I know you're Sirius Black. I'm here to help you," I said and it looked confused again.

And then it came around me and kicked the door closed, sniffed the bag and went inside.

And then transformed to a human being. And boy, was he handsome.

I smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Black," I said putting my hand forth to shake.

He looked at me with a blatant, blank expression.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Skylar Firegold," I said. "I brought you some food," I smiled.

"Firegold?" he asked. "As in Alakay and Meredith Firegold?" he asked, shocked.

"Yes," I said. And then something extraordinary happened.

He pulled me into a hug.

I awkwardly patted his back.

"So, the food," I said trying to ease the tension. "Eat," I said. He took me inside to something that looked like a bedroom and sat on the bed. It was so dirty that it stank.

"Scourgify," I mumbled swishing my wand.

Instantly, shit went back to it's places and the room looked cleaner.

"Orchideous," I mumbled again and a bouquet of flowers appeared beside the bed.

"Favorite color, Mr Black?" I asked as he stared in awe.

"Red."

"Naturally. Colovaria," I mumbled as the color of the walls changed color from pale beige to a soft red color. The color of the sunset.

I smiled at my creation.

"Now this room is worth living."

~°^°~

Soo. She finally met Sirius.
If you're liking the story so far, vote and mention.