Chapter One

Author's Note- This novel was formally titled "The Nun" but had to change it to "Saving Sarah" after the popular horror movie with the same title was released. The full book will be available on Wattpad from December 15th, 2021 to January 15th, 2022. Enjoy and please leave your comments so that i know your thoughts.

Don't forget to follow me too on
★Instagram- @angelaokoduwa
★Twitter- @angela_okoduwa

You can also follow my page on facebook "Esmeralda Fiction World"

If you wish to read more of my stories, go to Lightreader and search for the names "Angelafiction" or "Angela12."

We can discuss my books there. Ciao.

Sarah slowly parked her Mercedes CLK next to the black Chevrolet Camaro in front of the house. She got down the car and smiled, noticing the lights glowing in one of the rooms upstairs; lights meant someone was home and that, also was her fiancé.

The thought that she was really going to enjoy surprising him made her beam with joy. He still thought that she couldn't catch a flight back home from Chicago. Well, she just couldn't wait to see the surprised look on his face when he finally saw her.

She had called him at the airport to inform him that her flight had been canceled because of the bad weather, but what she had not told him was that her ever wonderful father who always come through for her, had sent a private jet to pick her up.

Sarah was excited to be back home, especially glad to be back to see Fred, her fiancé after so many weeks of being away from him. They had talked on the phone and facetimed a lot for the past two weeks, confessing how much they missed each other and how he was so eager to have her come back.

Now that she was at his house, she knew he would definitely be surprised to see her; she had even started to imagine how he would wrap her tightly in a bear hug as usual and even end up making sweet passionate love to her just the way she had anticipated. The thought of all these made her pores tingle in anticipation.

However, her plan was to quietly creep into the house unnoticed. The last thing she wanted was to prematurely give her presence away because it would ruin everything​ and put all her efforts in vain. She tried the door front door and realized that it was locked. It didn't bother her much since she always came around with her spare key.

Fred had given her one four months into their relationship and that had even made her trust him more and had also made her believe that he had absolutely nothing to hide from her; and of course, he had proposed several months later and that had been one of the happiest moments of her life.

Quietly unlocking the door and opening it, she slipped in and softly closed it behind her with her eyes fixed on the stairs. Soft music was playing from somewhere upstairs, but besides that, every other thing was in order. Thinking of the lyrics of the music now, she smiled to herself; Fred was always the romantic one and this was one of her favorite music.

In fact, he had played this exact one on the first night they had made love, and since this same music was playing right now, it meant he was certainly missing her.

She paused in the living room and scanned the house; it was perfect, neat and homely except for an almost empty box of pizza and a bottle of half wine on the expensive marble coffee table in the sitting room, facing the large flat screen television which was still on but had been left on mute.

She glanced at the two empty glass cups and shook her head in astonishment. Fred was no kitchen person, so he had always preferred to order food whenever she was away or too busy to cook for him, and judging from the two glass cups, she assumed that he must have had one of his buddies come over for a game. Guys and pizza; Sarah shook her head with a knowing smile.