9. Parent's Permission

Start from the beginning

"Ahm!" Lev agrees and I chuckle.

"You have everything?" I ask Lev as I put my things away and he nods his head.

"Okay let's go," I tell him as I put my bag on my shoulder and head out.

(Later that day ~ In the Boys Volleyball gym)

I grab refill the waters for the boys as they practice and hear someone's footsteps heading towards my direction. I turn around and see Kuroo there with his water bottle.

"You forgot one unless you wanted to save the best for last," Kuroo teases and I quickly take the water bottle from his hands.

"H-Hah?! T-That's not true! I accidentally forgot yours!" I stammer from his false accusation and he chuckles.

"I'm joking. How's Lev by the way?" Kuroo asks and I let out an exhausted laugh.

"He's loud and quite a handful. I see him everywhere whether it's in class or here in the gym," I admit. "But Levi is a nice guy to be around I guess so it's not too bad as you would think."

"Oho that's good to hear," Kuroo says surprised to hear my answer and rubs his chin deep in thought. "How about me then?"

"What are you jealous?" I tease and he laughs.

"Of course not, I'm just curious to hear what you think of me," Kuroo says and I shrug.

"A senpai that likes to mess with people's heads and provoke them for your self-amusement," I bluntly tell him.

His eyes widen. "Wait really?"

"It's not a complete lie," I honestly tell him and he shrugs.

"And here I thought I thought you were going to say that I'm the nicest, caring senpai there is to offer," Kuroo says and I look at him with a deadpan look.

Kuroo laughs. "You really do make some interesting expressions don't you Nanami?"

"Really now," I slightly pout. "I don't believe I do but rather you just enjoy teasing me don't you?"

"Yep always did. Even before you joined as the manager from this team, you would always be fun to talk to and joke around with," Kuroo says and I tilt my head confused by his words.

"From before? Do you mean that one time you helped me with the college students that hit on me last year? But I don't think we talked much back then like we do now," I ask.

Kuroo's eyes widen. "I wasn't thinking about that time but I'm surprised you remember that."

"Of course, I don't forget people who helped me in the past," I tell him.

"Is that so?" He awkwardly scratches the back of his neck.

"Wait if it wasn't that time, when did we first meet then?" I ask and Kuroo's cheeks bright red.

"It's not that important," Kuroo embarrassingly says and turns his head away to avoid eye contact with me. I notice that his ears were bright red.

I giggle. Kuroo can be cute sometimes.

The practice continues for another hour or so and during this time, I continue to help Akane with anything that needed to be done as the manager for the boys' volleyball team. To be honest, when I first joined this club it was because Kuroo guilt trip me but now I'm glad I joined. Yet there was one thing that I was forgetting about.

"Everyone I have some news!" Coach Nekomata claps his hands to get everyone's attention. "Yesterday I got a call from an unexpected person but after hearing the offer he made, I just had to accept. This weekend we will have a practice match hosted by Karasuno High School and because of the far distance from here to Miyagi, I planned a practice match with Tsukinokizawa High two days before our match with Karasuno. This means we'll be staying over for a couple nights in Miyagi."