Chapter 5

Harry

"Good luck with your kids and everything. I hope you get to see them." I tell Louis as he walks me towards the door.

"Me too. Um, can I see you again?"

I turn around once I reach the door and I see him looking down with his hand raised up to the back of his neck.

"Yeah. Well, I'm working tomorrow night. If you're interested." I suggest, I did have a good time.

"I'll be there." He smiles up at me.

I give him one last smile and a goodnight before I open the hotel door and head down to the elevators.

Getting into my car I see the time is past one in the morning. I pull out of the hotel parking lot and head home.

Tonight wasn't bad. Louis isn't bad at all. I enjoyed his company, he's intriguing to me.

Not many people can catch my attention the way he has. I'm pretty good with tuning people out when it comes to my work. But Louis somehow managed to just stick.

The house is dark when I pull into the driveway, I go into the house and flick on the light beside the door.

"Zayn?" I call out for him but I get no answer.

I head into the kitchen where I left the note before I left. Flicking on the light I see he's written something on it.

"Out" mhm. Get it
I'm headed out with Mr. Payne. A late dinner I guess. I'll be back late. I'll text you if plans change.
Love you
Zee

I roll my eyes and put the paper back down. He might be home already, just in bed.

Knowing that I don't have to wake up too early for the gym tomorrow, and I just need to wake up for work, I grab a beer from the fridge and walk out into the living room.

Zayn buys it, but he's always told me to help myself, I'm not much of a drinker anyways.

I grab the remote and click the tv on, sitting on the couch and grabbing the blanket from the top of the couch and pulling it over to me.

I click on to watch the movie Dirty Dancing.

It was nearing two in the morning and the front door opens, scaring me and making me jump.

I see Zayn walking in and leaning back against the door as he closes it.

I look out the window to see the headlights of a car pull back out of the driveway and down the street, I presume it was Mr. Payne.

"I think I love him." Zayn says with his head tilted back against the door, his right hand still on the door knob and his eyes closed.

I knew this was going to happen.

I know it's supposed to be a good thing. But love, mixed with his careers, it's not good at all.

"Come cuddle." I open up the blanket for him to see my offer and he takes a moment but eventually toes off his shoes and takes off his jacket, dropping it on the floor.

He falls to beside me on the couch and I wrap the blanket around him. We shift a bit but I wrap my arm around him and hold him against my chest.

"I can't love him, H." He whispers.

"Yes you can. It'll make things hard, but you're going to love who you love." I tell him.

"I think I need to stop seeing him."

"Zayn." I say, that's an irrational decision. He's tired and he's overthinking.

"It's for the best, I can't retire from work yet, I don't have anything else to fall back too. It happened too quickly, this wasn't supposed to happen." I can hear how choked up he is and I know it's just a matter of time before the tears come.