Part four

The next few days went by so fast Luke began to wonder if it was all a dream. They released their new live album, travelled to DC, ATTEMPTED a twitcam, and dressed up as old people for their show AND for a new target promo video. Exhausted was an understatement. And even though he had - for the most part - gotten over his jetlag, it certainly didn't help his fatigue either.

In some aspects, Luke was grateful for past 2 days being busy as ever - it helped him not think about Michael. At least not in that way. It was actually a lot easier than Luke had planned for. The busy-ness of the band pushed his mind into a state where it didn't feel complete admiration - or fear - when Michael poked Luke's sides, or messed with him in interviews, or took a leaned into him when the band were taking pictures. He felt like he used to always feel around Michael - comfortable. That was a good word for the feeling, Luke thought. It was exactly how he should feel about being with Michael. Nothing more, nothing less.

But it wasn't completely perfect yet. Luke still had his moments when Michael would catch him off guard. It would be the smallest thing - a hug where Michael wouldn't let go (with intention to annoy Luke, of course), Michael completely losing it when Calum spilt half a bottle of diet coke on Ashton's shirt he was wearing, watching Michael talk to a young fan in the voice he always use his 'kid' voice with. Things that used to have little to no effect on Luke in the past now deeply infatuated him every time they happened. They always caught Luke off-guard. It would seem like time had stopped, and the only thing that existed was Michael.

One time in particular was really bad. It was just earlier that night. They had just finished their promo video at Target, and Michael had been itching to take his old women clothes off since the moment they got there. When they were told they were done filming, Michael immediately pulled off his wig and shirt and started running around the parking lot, just in his skirt and slippers. Calum and Luke were nearly on the ground laughing, while Ashton tried desperately to run after Michael and catch him before he attracted an audience. When they got back, Michael was breathing heavily and leaning over, saying something about never doing that much physical activity again. Luke didn't hear his exact words because he was being distracted by the sweat rolling down the red head's pale chest. It was as if the sight knocked the breath out of him. Michael's hair was fucked beyond repair and he was wearing a goddam skirt and slippers, but he was still, embarrassingly, turning Luke on.

Luke did what he always did in those moments; distract himself. He ran over and jumped on Ashton's back and demanded his husband carry him back to the car. Ashton laughed, and said something along the lines of "I'm too damn old for this," in his old man voice. Luke and Calum erupted in laughter yet again, and just like that Luke returned to feeling normal.

The blond had just got off the phone with his mom and was now lying on his bed. Michael had gone to Calum and Ashton's room to play video games. Luke had told them he might join up later, but he knew the chances of that were small. They were leaving for LA in the morning - or was it the day after next? He honestly didn't k now the answer to save his life - and all he wanted was to sleep off the last remaining piece of jet lag that remained in his bones.

He was in the middle of changing into pajamas when he noticed he was getting a call. It was a face time call from his greatest nightmare down the hall. Luke cursed the butterflies in his stomach and considered for a moment ignoring it and pretending like he had already gone to sleep. He ended up ignoring that thought and answering it anyways.

Michael's face popped up, and it appeared he was laying so his head was resting on his "To The Moon" bicep. Luke was confused at how silent the other side of the call was, since the three of them were supposed to be gaming together.

"Luuuuucas," Michael said, a lazy grin wrapping around his face.

"Don't I get enough of you!?" The younger boy immediately argued.