~ 1 ~

~ Christopher,

"Its been three hours, I know she work by now." I complained to the desk clerk for like the tenth time.

"I'm sorry sir but you can't see her right now." She said like I gave a fuck.
"Why?" She sighed like she was getting annoyed.

"Sir. Just please have a seat." She said calmly.

"Hell nah! Get yo ass a breath mint bitch." I mumbled walking past her. I pushed open some double doors going down a long hallway passing rooms with a bunch of sick ass patients.

"Sir!" The female voice yelled. I could hear the clicking of her heels behind me, slowly catching up. "You can't go back here without a pass." She said grabbing my arm. I stopped dead in my tracks looking from her to my arm.

"You got two seconds to get yo hands off me." I said and she quickly removed her hands.

"I need you to get back in the waiting room." She said taking a few steps back from me.

"I'm not going so if I was you I would take my ass back to the front and not say shit unless you want me to fuck you up." I said casually.

"Sir please listen to me......" She pleaded but I ignored her turning another corner. I past a bunch of other doctors and nurses but I didn't give a fuck. All these damn employees and can't nobody tell me why I can't see Lani.

"Sir!" She semi yelled grabbing hold of me again. I froze suddenly giving her a look that said to 'back the fuck back'. When she didn't get the hint I grabbed her arm lightly pulling her into a random room.

"Look, i'm not about to play these games with you alright? My girl is in this damn hospital and y'all acting secretive like y'all don't want me around her." I said through gritted teeth.

"I swear to god, I'll tesr this shit to shreds, if you don't tell me where she is....." my patience was wearing out. She looked at me then slowly over to the patient in the bed who was hooked up to multiple cords with a tube up their nose. I squinted my eyes getting a better look.

"Oh hell nah!" I semi yelled once I realized it was Lani. They told me she was doining fine, so why is she hooked up to all those cords?

"I can explain, just calm down." I gave her a funny look pulling out my gun, pushing her up against the wall holding the gun to her head.

"you got five minutes..." I said through gritted teeth. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she looked at me with fright. I wasn't gonna hurt her, I just wanted her to know I wasn't playing games.

"Lani is doing just fine, it's the baby that's causing her to be so tired....during the accident the baby somehow found a place to hide and that's why we had trouble finding it. The baby's heart rate is dropping making Lani slip in and out of a coma." She explained looking from me to the gun.

i stepped back placing the gun back in my waistband as I released her from my grip.

"Was that so hard?" I asked grinning. She shook her head no still obviously scared. I chuckled.

"Relax ma, I ain't go hurt you, but tell someone about our lil encounter and imma make sure you suffer. That's a promise." She nodded her head frantically and I turned my attention to Lani.

seeing her hooked up to all those cords actually made me wanna cry. This ain't where I want her to be.

"You know how long It'll take before her and the baby is good again?" i asked walking closer to Lani. I carefully climbed in the bed with her, wrapping my arms around her.

"Well seeing that her heart rate looks to be coming back up, Lani could be waking up any moment. The baby on the other hand is still in a hiding spot making it hard for us to monitor it as well as we want." I nodded kissing her cheek. She need to wake up. I'm sure if she does then the baby will know it's safe to stop hiding and shit. It better not be a boy cause I ain't got time for no nigga hiding out.

"I'll go get your visitors pass I guess...." The nurse said leaving out the room. I closed my eyes as my hand slowly touched Lani's stomach. Me, becoming a dad just doesn't seem possible. I'm not made for having kids. Especially with the shit I do. I wouldn't be able to take care bay, it's too much shit going on in my life.

****************************************

I personally think this was a bad chapter but if ya'll like it, that's all that matters.

If not I'll redo this chapter for you........