"Eat." he finally spoke, his voice low and rumbling in his large chest. But, I simply placed my hands in my lap, the alcohol in the wine giving me the strength that I have needed since the moment that he thought that a living soul could simply be bought like a dress or shoes. I held back a smirk as I watched the corner of his lips twitch again, and his jaw clenched as the muscle flexed and relaxed several times. I looked forward, out the arches that lead to the balcony that looked out to the statues that guarded this Kingdom. "Vixas, for once, do as you are told." he growled out, placing his tightly clenched fits on the table, leaning forward so I could hear him better. I didn't have trouble with hearing, sadly. That would be quite useful if I was deaf, easier to block out his obnoxious voice with.

Though... it isn't the most terrible sound in the world.

Again, I stayed silent, secretly enjoying his anger as it grew into a boiling rage. What a shame that he cannot seem to control his emotions. Though, the view is enjoyable in a sickening, pleasurable way.

"I said EAT!" he shouted, slamming his fist down onto the table, causing it to rattle and shake, some of the plates and cups falling to the floor from the vibrations in the finely carved wood. I wasn't fazed, but a sense of pride washed over me. It seems that I could irritate him just as much as he irritated me. A thorn in my side, he was, constantly being rubbed and pushed further into my skin. But, a small victory like this was enough to get some relief, even if a brief moment.

"I seem to have lost my appetite." I spoke softly, lifting the folded cloth to my lips to clean the corners. His lips twitched again, and I smiled into the cloth, knowing quite well he knew I was enjoying this far too much. Or perhaps, it wasn't enough.

"And why would that... be?" he asked through clenched teeth, trying to calm his anger. I placed the napkin down on the plate, covering the food. I wasn't hungry, starving was more of the word, but the thought of food passing my lips just caused another wave of nausea to roll over me.

"Forgive me, Your Grace, but I believe I shall retire for the evening." I stood up, and walked to face him, our bodies only a few inches from touching. With a blank expression, I bowed low for him, mocking his authority and so called 'power'. "Thank you for the meal, Your Majesty. I shall be in my chambers if my presence is needed." I spoke softly, though I found myself hissing at his title. Standing up, I turned from him and started walking towards the doors that would let me exit the room. With grace that I did not know that I had inside of me, I left the room once the doors were opened by the guards.

But, as soon as I was out of sight from the table and Kratos, I heard a yell of frustration and a loud banging. A smirk came on my lips as I peeped inside the room as the doors were closing. The table had been flipped over, broken into small pieces, while the silverware, plates, cups, napkins, and all the glorious food was scattered around the room. Though, the most rewarding sight was of Kratos, standing and taking large breaths, tugging on his hair as it fell from the bun on the nap of his neck. Red, his face was as red as a wild fire in Namaria in the midst of summer.

And, with a smirk on my lips, I turned from the doors as they closed completely and went to my room, all the while removing the jewelry that had been placed on me, rubbing the coal from my eyes, and removing the dreadful garment that covered my skin. As I walked up the stairs, I tossed the fabric of the flowing gown behind me, the only thing covering my body was the silk of my undergarments that held my behind and privates. As I passed guards, I noticed the looks of lust and confusion, all the while smirking as I heard Kratos yell and destroy something else in the dinning room.

_____

I woke a few hours later, my body covered in a large flowing shirt and the undergarments, my body wrapped in the blanket as I lay in the hammock. The night, or morning, was filled with a peaceful quiet that I hadn't heard before, and I found myself going from the hammock to walk to the edge of the balcony that looked over the city. My feet softly padded against the cool stone, the soft blue light from the water and moons giving the kingdom a soft, romantic glow. Placing my hands on the pearl railings, I lifted myself up so I could sit with my legs hanging off the siding of the balcony. The only thing that I wished for in this moment was a soft breeze, just enough to kiss my skin before vanishing, never to be seen.