Chapter 2 ( Revised)

Jayceon

After school
4:40pm

I walked down the side walk with my hands in my pockets and my head hung low to keep the cold wind from hitting my face .

I avoided all contact with everybody . The niggas in my hood would kill you if you look at them . I already got problems with enough of these niggas.

I walked up to the porch of my torn down house. Most of our windows were boarded up. 3 of our windows are broken. The garage is full of useless shit. The bricks could give up any minute.

I entered my house and flipped on the light switch.

Nothing.

I slammed my book bag down in frustration. The power was out, most likely because my sorry excuse of a mother is too busy buying cocaine than paying her damn bills.

" Ma ! " I yelled

" H-hey Jayceon baby ! H-how was school ? " she said while fidgeting as she exited the kitchen.

She had cocaine under her nose and her eyes her red.

" It was aight . " I mumbled while walking to my room.

I love my mom but most of the time it seems like I'm the adult . She never cooks , she doesn't even buy food . I had to learn how to take care of myself at a young age. I started selling at the age of 13 ( Yeah I may seem like a hypocrite but I'm getting money. ) and learned how to fend for myself. But I was taken under the wing of Raheem, the leader of the whole operation .

I went to my top drawer and unlocked the box I kept my money in and pulled out $20 and tucked my gun in my waistband . I stuffed my hands in my pockets and walked through the living room with my head down.

" Where you going baby. "

" No where. " I mumbled before stepping outside.

I stood on my front porch and took a deep breath. I could smell the amount of drugs this whole neighborhood did. I could see the old, moldy playground equipment. The older women with the fatter clothes, the older men hanging outside on their porches.

I began to walk down the sidewalk, passing the houses of my neighbors and stopped at the liquor store at the corner.

" Jayceon baby ! You want some food ? I just cook a big ol' feast in here baby ! " My neighbor Miss Langford yelled from the screen on her door.

Miss Langford was like a grandma to me. She used to sneak me a plate of dinner and sweet every once in a while.

" I'm fine Miss Langford ! " I yelled back before walking into the liquor store.

I walked to the back of the store to the refrigerator filled with juice. I grabbed a grape Arizona and went to the chip aisle. A chime at the door made me lift my head and look towards the door.

Tyson

Hatred took over my body as Tyson and his little clique entered the store loudly and obnoxiously. I kept my head down as I walked up to the counter to purchase my items.

I glanced at the loud group of males and shook my head.

" The f*ck you looking at. " Tyson yelled.

I grabbed my bag of snacks and walked towards the door. I was stopped by Tyson standing in front of me.

" Answer me before I do like I did ya daddy. " Tyson taunted, receiving laughs from his group.

" Man get the f*ck on. " I mumbled before bumping his shoulder as I walked past.

Tyson'a hand collided with the side of my face before blows came from every angle. One blow to the nose. One blow to the eye. One blow to the cheek. One blow to the mouth.

My nose began to leak. My head began to pound. My mouth began to bleed. My eye started to swell up.

" Hey ! Hey ! Get out of my store before I call the police ! " An older Asian man yelled.

" Next time answer my question when I ask you one, b*tch boy. " Tyson spat.

" Do you need an ambulance ? " The man asked.

" Nah. "

" You look— "

" I'm fine. " I looked around for my bag of food I had purchased.

" Them n*ggas took my damn snacks. " I mumbled to myself.

I shook it off and left the store. The sun was just starting to go down, which means the trouble is just about to start.

Night is when the business starts for me. That's when the crack heads start coming out. All the prostitutes start coming to their corners. Violence rises to an all time high, and then deaths occur.

I've seen the deaths of elders, children and teenagers, more than ever. This neighborhood ain't no joke. You don't live here.

You survive...

🌺 Taythagreat 🌺
Edited: April 26, 2017