One

It was just 7 hours after the incident at the mall. Glaiza almost saw someone take their own life in front of her eyes but she was fast enough to twist the man's arm and take his gun. Reyes is now in the Agency's hands.

Glaiza's POV

Agency's Headquarters
Present Time

"Gigi, Boss needs you in his office daw." Benjamin told me while we walked (more like strutted) down the hallways of our HQ. I just finished working-out sa gym namin.

"Is it for questioning?" Iritableng sabi ko.

"Siguro. Gago ka kasi eh." Sagot ni Benj.

"Glaiza!"

Napapikit ako dahil sa tinis ng boses ni Katrina. Lagi nalang 'tong sobra sa saya kapag babatiin ako.

"Halili." Maiksi kong sagot.

"Ang formal mo naman! Sabi ko naman sa'yo diba, Katrina nalang, o kaya Kat, o kaya babe? Apat na taon ko nang pinapaalala sa'yo yun ah?" Tanong niya sakin habang nakapamewang.

"Ahh..." I nervously laughed.

Hindi ako naga-assume, pero lalo nang hindi ako manhid. May gusto siya sakin at alam ko ever since mapunta ako dito sa Agency.

Pinagtapat niya na rin sakin nang ilang beses ang feelings niya. Nagpapatay malisya rin ako tuwing may gagawin siyang something special para sakin.

Hindi ko siya gusto, pero matalik na kaibigan ang tingin ko sa kanya.

"Ano? Kamusta ka na? I heard about what happened."

"Thank you, I'm fine."

"Agent G." A loud voice boomed from the speakers all around the Agency. I internally groaned. "In my office, now."

"Saksakin niyo nalang ako." I said nonchantly.

"Di ka maririnig niyan." Sabi ni Benj. Tiningnan ko lang siya nang masama. Of course I know that.

"Sige na, G. Puntahan mo na si boss." Singit ni Katrina.

"Para kang bata, G." Tatawa-tawang sabi ni Benjamin.

"Hoy Benhaming bakla, hindi ako bata." Sabi ko.

"Hoy ka rin, Lesbyanang Galura!" Nakatawa niyang sabi. "Magpunta ka na."

"Fine, fine."

-

"Pero Tito-"

"No 'buts', my beloved niece." Sabi ni Boss. Yep, Tito ko siya. Siya ang nag-aruga sakin since mamatay ang parents ko. Best friend siya nila Mom at Dad since gradeschool.

In-assasinate sila ng mga hayop na kumakalaban sa Agency.

If my memory serves me right, nadamay ang mga magulang ko sa gulo between the Agency at yung mga hayop na 'yun.

Nagkataon na si Tito Mike ang namumuno sa Agency. Kaya since then, he swore na aalagaan ako, papalakihin, at mamahalin na parang totoo niyang anak.

"I said 'pero', not but." I sarcastically said. He just gave me the 'Oh, really?' look.

"I'm not baby-sitting anyone." Sabi ko. "And nothing's gonna change my mind."

Humuhuli ako ng mga miyembro ng sindikato. I even kill some. I track targets and take them down.

I actually save lives.

I actually accomplish missions that contribute to the betterment of this fucking society.

Tapos ngayon gagawin nila akong baby sitter?

No way. Ayoko.

I vowed to myself na I won't quit this job hangga't hindi nauubos ang mga kumakalaban sa Agency. I'll be wasting my time with this assignment.

"Agent, this is the only assignment na pwedeng ibigay sayo. You are my niece and I deeply care for you, pero hindi yun sapat na dahilan to let you off the hook." He said sternly. "Remember why you're here. I wouldn't be able to defend you from the board kung hindi mo 'to tatanggapin."

"You violated a lot of protocols, hija. That is unacceptable. So it's either you accept this little assignment, or you throw everything you've ever worked for away." He continued.

I leaned back against the swivel chair I'm seated on, both of my arms resting on its sides. Tito just stared at me with disbelief in his eyes.

"You turned your earpiece off."

"It malfunctioned."

"Bullshit. The CCTVs were still functioning just fine. You were subtle, but I reviewed the footages myself and saw you touch your ear the very minute you got disconnected from the system."

He fixed his tie and continued speaking.

"What were you up to, Agent?"

"I was bored."

He let out a chuckle.

"That makes more sense kesa sa sinabi mo kaninang nagmalfunction ang earpiece mo." He said. "Despite it being amusing, it was still highly unprofessional of you. You know damn well that all conversations with the targets should be recorded."

"Don't you trust me, Tito?"

He was caught off-guard.

"Of course, I do."

"The mere fact that everything has been recorded makes me conscious with how I do my job. It's distracting." I scrunched my face a little. "Irritating. It's almost like we got a lot of shit to hide." I blindly reasoned out.

"How did your conversation with Mr. Reyes go? Were you even able to gather information from him?"

"I already told you, he made misogynistic remarks that made my ear ring so bad I had to punch the smirk off his face. I took it personal. As for the information, he's still alive and well. It isn't too late to make him sing."

"You left him his gun."

"I wanted to have a duel with him, but his pride couldn't take the fact that a woman was challenging him. He chose to shoot his own head instead at hindi ko na kasalanan yun."

"You risked other people's lives."

I couldn't do anything but sigh.

"You could've easily handcuffed him in a blink of an eye. Napakadaling gawin nun. Magaling ka. Matalino. I don't understand kung bakit kailangan mo pang gawin yun..." Umiling siya nang bahagya. "We need him alive."

"And he is."

I remember the man's face, how messed up he seemed. How he pointed his gun at his own head.

"Pwedeng ikaw ang napatay o ikaw ang nakapatay. Killing those targets unless ordered will never be fine with me. Agent, your assignment was to bring him back alive." He spoke. "In-off mo ang earpiece mo, which reflects irresponsibility. It's against the rules."

"I apologize." I said, guilty. "I could've done better."

"Good." He cleared his throat. "Now, you have the choice to take this assignment or be suspended for a whole year. Your gun will be confiscated, as well as your badges and your-"

"Ugh! Fine, fine." I cut him off. Ngumiti siya. "Am I still allowed to choose which team I'll work with?"

He nodded and handed me the folder. "Of course. Don't throw a tantrum party just yet and read the files thoroughly. Understood, Hija?"

"Yes, Tito." I muttered. I took the folder and stood up.

"You may go."

He saluted and so I did the same.

"And hija?" He called out just right when I opened the door. "I'm glad you're safe."