Chapter 1

Chapter 1.

Ectoplasm swirled in front of me. The iron filings I had scattered didn't seam to unnerve the visitor as it moved closer and closer towards me, filling my head with soft moans and cries. It was a phantasm. The dark form was like a superimposed black on black, only visible by how light the rest of the room was compared to it. "Lockwood!" I call, swinging my rapier wildly in front of me. The visitor couldn't care less. "Lockwood! Help!" I call again, panic rising in my throat. I try to step back but my feet won't move. The visitor's dark hands are raised towards me, claws protruding from the fingertips. "Lock-" I choke. My voice is gone, and I can do nothing but cower in fear. Suddenly, I hear footfalls rushing up the stairs, It's Lockwood.

He sees me and the visitor and starts rushing towards us, rapier drawn. I'm saved! He runs straight past me to the visitor, worry apparent on his paled face. He stands in front of it protectively and starts yelling non coherent words at me. My mind slows. What is happening? I step back and he turns around to the visitor and touches its face. Slowly, the Phantasm becomes clearer, details becoming clearer moving outwards from Lockwood's fingers. Dark, clear skin, flowing black hair, brown eyes, perfect. Holly Munro. He smiled and swirled her around, her floral print skirt billowing around her perfect caramel coloured legs. Then he kissed her. My heart wrenched out of my chest and I stumbled backwards, not able to tear my eyes from the two romantically embracing in lip-lock. His hands on her waist, her hands in his hair. Panting, I run downstairs, knocking into walls, and trip, flying down to the bottom.