One

Song suggestion: Cruel Summer~ Bananarama (honestly this is one of my favorite 80s song, and it was featured in the Karate Kid🙂)

"I'm home!" I yelled out, my echo responding to my sound. I closed the door shut behind me, and walked into the living room. No one.

In the kitchen; no one.

The bedrooms; no one.

Well then, my parents have left me home alone. Either caught up in work or running errands. My parents are always busy, what with my dad being a firefighter and my mother being a school teacher. I'm often left home alone with Jamison, he's like my best friend in the world.

I do have another friend, named Lissett, but she's out of town for the next few months. So it's a lonely summer for me, at least, for now.

Still hungry, I look for something to eat besides a sandwich. Oh, I really wanted a burger. But then that jerk had to ruin it with his 'vegan' ways.

I mean, I get it if you want to be a vegan, it's a great lifestyle choice and it's good for the animals, so yeah I don't care if you're a vegan. But don't come around and ruin a non vegan's lunch, not everyone is going to be a vegan.

Ugh, there's nothing to eat here. I should've kept his money, I could order a mini pizza or something. Whatever.

Jamison trots down the hall and over to me, his collar jingling. He rubs against my leg and jumps up, his paws pressing against the lower part of my knee as he stretches, yawning in the cutest way possible.

"Hi Jamison, how's my baby?" I coo, using my 'mommy' voice for him, as I pick him up into my arms. Jamison is a small mixed breed dog. Part chihuahua and part something else, Pomeranian Maltese, I think. I'm not sure, but he's the cutest thing ever, with his light fur and big ears.

I rub his belly then set him down, proceeding to wander around the house, my small companion following behind. After finding nothing to do, I decided that a walk was appropriate.

After changing into some sweat shorts (I call them that because they remind me of smooth sweat pants but in shorts form), a black tank top, some sneakers, and putting my hair into a ponytail, I'm ready for a walk. Attaching the leash to Jamison's collar, we head out the door and begin our soon to be a surprising walk...
~~~~~~~~
"Jamison stop!" I yell, chasing after my dog as he makes a left turn and runs through some shrubbery. I had stopped to tie my shoe (stupid, I know), and has loosened my grip on the leash, giving him the chance to run away.

The little puppy barks, and I loose sight of him. Oh god, what if he gets hit by a car or someone steals him?! I'd never forgive myself, I'd die.

"Jamison!" I look around frantically for the pup, but can't find him. I groan, rubbing my temple as I walk around the grass, trying to find some sign of Jamison.

"Did you loose something?" There's that voice again. I spin on my heels, to see the same stranger from earlier, holding my dog in his arms. Jamison licks the boy's face and wiggles his tail happily.

"Oh god!" I exclaim, taking my baby from his arms and cradling him. "Don't ever do that again, I was scared to death!"

"You know, a 'thank you' would be a good thing to say right about now," he butts in. Of course.

"Sure, thank you, 'that one vegan guy who ruined my perfectly good meal with his vegan ways.'" I say sarcastically, causing him to laugh.

"Not that I don't like that name, but I'd prefer it if you'd call me Joaquin, Joaquin Phoenix," he says, cracking a small grin as he sticks his hand out for me to shake.

"Joaquin huh? I'm Rosemary Autumns," I say, shaking his hand. "Thanks for finding Jamison for me, I have no idea what I'd do if I lost my widdle baby," I say, cooing at Jamison.

"Yeah, no problem. Listen, Rosemary, since I found your dog, I think you owe me something in return," Joaquin says, his green eyes lighting up. He has nice eyes....

"Okay.... What do you want?" I ask, wearily, unsure of what price I'll have to pay for Jamison.

Ever since my last boyfriend, Michael, wouldn't give me back my favorite necklace unless I did it with him, I've always been cautious around boys, especially ones like Joaquin. For all I know, he could be a murderer or maybe a rapist, or I dunno, something bad.

He hands me a small paper, and smiles.

"Be there tonight, six o'clock exactly," he says, then walks away, leaving me to look down at the paper.

'Open Mic Night, Frenchy's Caffe. 6-10 p.m., All are Welcomed.'

Open Mic Night huh, interesting. I guess it wouldn't hurt to go, I mean, how bad could it be right?

Not too bad.

"C'mon Jamison, let's go home, mommy has to start getting ready," I say, looking down at my watch. 5:15. Whoa, mommy really has to start getting ready!

With that, I begin jogging home with my dog, curious as to what will happen tonight.

~~~~~~
A/N: Hello! :) I hope the first chapter was decent. I decided to put this up since my other stories have been doing so well. Thank you for getting my Jonathan story to 1k and my It fanfic to 2k, it means a lot! I hope this fanfic is just as successful :) anyway, I'll keep this story on wait for a little bit before I update again. And yes I called the caffe owner Frenchy like the one from grease bc she's my fav. Anyway, have a nice night :)