Six

Song Suggestion;
Wild Thing~ The Troggs

My eyes slowly open, then squint as they adjust to the bright sun of the morning. It's warm out, I'm covered in a blanket and snuggled up on the canopy swing... Without Joaquin.

I yawn, sitting up and stretching as I take the blanket off of me. I look down and notice I'm no longer in my outfit, but in plaid pajama pants and a long, black shirt. I don't remember changing, so who changed me? Unless...

I swear to George if he tried anything while I was asleep I'll hit him so hard when he wakes up his clothes will be out of style, just saying.

I take the blanket and slowly walk inside, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Inside, Summer and Liberty are arguing about something while Summer tries to cook some food, Mother Phoenix and River set the table while John has just left for work. Mother Phoenix looks up at me with a smile.

"Good morning, sweetheart, how'd you sleep?" I smile sleepily.

"Good, thank you." I look down at my clothes, then back at et questioningly. She laughs softly.

"The girls changed you so you'd be more comfortable while you slept. I hope you don't mind," she said. I smiled sheepishly.

"Oh, thank you.... Umm, where's Joaquin?" I ask.

"Oh, he went out to get you some breakfast food. He figured since you're not used to our kind of food, you wouldn't really get a good meal out of it, so he wanted to get you something." At this I bite my lip to hold back a tiny smile at his gesture. He's so sweet, oh my gosh.

"Oh, alright," I reply.

Breakfast is soon ready, the table is set, and all of us are sitting at the table. Soon enough, Joaquin walks in with a brown paper bag and sets the car keys down on the counter before joining us at the table. He places the bag in front of me and plops down beside me with a kiss on the cheek.

"Sleep okay?" He asks, rubbing his eyes. There's still a small hint of sleepiness in his voice. My cheeks brighten slightly as I nod.

"Yeah... Thanks for breakfast," I reply.

"No problem, honey." Honey? Honey?! Oh god, I think my knees just went weak.

As everyone enjoys vegan omelets for breakfast, I open the bag and am surprised with chocolate banana crepes for breakfast. Sweet! Breakfast was great, we made small talk and laughed a little throughout the conversation. It was a good breakfast, one of the best I've ever had.

Soon enough I had to leave, although I did not want to. I changed back into my jeans and converse, but lowkey kept Joaquin's black tee shirt on, holding my folded shirt in my hands. The family said their goodbyes at the door. Oddly, Summer was not with them to do so.

"It was nice having you, dear, you're welcome back anytime, Rosemary," Mother Phoenix said as she gave me a big hug. I smiled and hugged her back.

"Thank you so much, it was nice meeting you," I replied.

"Come back soon Rosemary, we can hangout sometime," Rain and Liberty called out, before heading back inside.

"Bye Rose," River smiled, and wrapped me in a big hug.

"And by the way," he whispered into my ear, "take good care of my baby brother." He smiled at me as I pulled away, then winked and headed back inside. All I could manage was a smile. God, he's gonna go somewhere huge someday, I'm sure of it.

"Alright, let's get going, Rose," Joaquin said, jingling the car keys as he began to walk towards the car.

"Wait for me!" A voice shouted, causing us to stop and turn. Summer came running out in flip flops, shorts, and a white blouse with stitched on orange patterns and details. "I'm coming to take her home too!"