Now how do we get off

Ummm... where was i? The events of the past three days have really screwed up my head.
*Flashback*
I was sitting on the shore looking at a picture. My family, or at least it was before. My little sister Bella, my mom smiling, my dad with his arms around my mom. Lastly me, sticking my head up in the bottom of the picture. We were on the skywalk at the grand canyon last summer. After that picture was taken we all died laughing. That was the last picture we had as a family. Before mom started drinking and the divorce. I had repeated that ritual every night sitting there with the picture, then watching the sun set. It made me sort of happy. But interrupting my wondrous thinking was Gerard, running up behind me. "Listen to this."
He had a radio we salvaged from the plane. I heard the disc jockey talking. "And now we get to the story you have all been waiting for... a Boeing 747 crashed over the pacific ocean earlier this week. Many people say there were no survivors because of how the plane crashed. Now our Emo King, Emo Claudia, also known as Gerard Way was supposed be on that plane. Now i know what you're all thinking. That means he was... yeah. But we will keep faith in our savior until we have definitive proof. Till then, Killjoys. Here's the traffic."
Just then my phone rang. "Winnie?"
"Oh my god! Bella! You can hear me?"
"Of course i can! My god! You're alive! Okay now that the important stuff is out of the way... was Gerard Way really on that plane?"
"Yeah. He was. Would you like to talk to him?"
"Oh my GOD! GERARD WAY IS ALIVE! PEOPLE MUST KNOW!"
"Calm down Bella. They can't yet. I think i know where we are but i'm not sure."
"Where do you think you are?"
"An island off the coast of Hawaii. I can see land barely off the horizon. Just know i'm alive and so is the savior of so many. Just keep it to yourself for a minute or five okay. You can tell one person. Only one."
"Okay. Im telling Ceecee. She was screwed up when she heard your plane went down."
"Alright but you can only tell Ceecee."
"Hang on, can i have some verification your not lying to me on the Gerard Way thing?" I looked up at Gee and he started talking. "So you're Bella. Your sister talks about you a lot."
Just that was enough to set her squealing.
"OH MY GOOOOODDDDD!!! ITS GERARD WAY! AND HE KNOWS MY NAMEEEEE!"
"Gotta go Bella. Im gonna get us off this island. I hope."
"Bye Winnie! Bye Gerard!"
"Bye Bella!" I threw my now-nearly-dead phone back into the sand. I tried to get up but fell back down. "That ankle is getting worse. We need to get out ASAP."
"Dammit. I'm trying Gee. Now help me up, would you?"
*flashback over*
I clambered up and tried to limp over to the nearly-finished escape raft. I collapsed halfway there.
That woke Gerard up. "Don't just stand there! Help me up you idiot!" By this point, we fight like an old married couple. It has been... three weeks! They probably think we're looooong dead. I made the finishing touches. "Hope this thing'll float... let's go Gee."
He grabbed our stuff and threw it on the raft. I limped over and settled down as Gee pushed off and jumped on.

The ride gave us a lot of time to talk. And it wasn't fun either.