Ch. 7 Lack of Information

Natalie stood in Mr. Kohls kitchen after spending a half an hour trying to get her car started, asking him to forgive her for being late to work. She was grateful he lived just down the street from her, so she could walk to his house. Mr. Kohl and his wife were more than willing to help. Mr. Kohl calmly called the store and explained that Natalie would be late.

When Sigh appeared in the doorway, Natalie's heart jumped  into her throat.  She suddenly found it hard to breath. She feared her face was red with blush and her body was shaking. She unwillingly appraised his half naked body, still wet from his shower.  Beads of water were crawling slowly down his chest muscles and inching their way towards his amazingly taunt abs. She wondered if he forgot he was only wrapped in a towel or if he deliberately came upstairs to show off.

And he did have something to show off. His solid muscles were perfectly shaped, sculpted around themselves and pulled tight. He resembled a model but with a rugged maleness. He was hot. And that's why she felt so uneasy around him. 

Natalie lost her voice for a moment, trying to recompose herself before speaking. She almost hugged Amy when Amy spoke up.

"Sigh, seriously. Go put some clothes on," Amy told him, laughing and playfully pushing him back down the stairs.

"All right, all right. I was just offering my expertise," Sigh defended himself as he landed at the bottom of the steps, his feet making a loud thud.

Natalie let out the breath she was holding and looked at Amy for reassurance.

"He's not as intimidating as he seems," Amy smiled to her, rolling her eyes.

Natalie gave her a shy smile. If she could just shake the familiar feeling she had.

"Anyhow, have a seat. As soon as Sigh is back up...and dressed, "Charlie hollered down the stairs, "we can head out."

"Thanks again Mr. Kohl. I really appreciate your understanding," Natalie told him again, taking the seat he was offering.

"No problem. Sigh and I can head up to your house later on and check out your car."

"You don't have to do that. I think I just need a new battery," she admitted.

"Well the guys can take care of that. Don't you worry," Amy added, as Sigh reappeared, fully dressed.

Sigh smiled at Natalie.  She looked away.  She couldn't let him see any hint of attraction. Especially since she didn't know if he could be trusted. 

"All right. Let's get this show on the road," Charlie directed, keys in hand and ushering everyone out the door.

After a small debate about who's vehicle to take, they all climbed into Charlie's large pickup truck. Natalie started to open the rear passenger door when Sigh stepped in front of her.

"Please, you can have the passenger seat, I insist," he told her, opening the front passenger door for her to climb in.

Natalie decided it wasn't worth the fight and obliged to his wish, climbing into the front seat. Sigh politely closed the door behind her and climbed into the back seat, behind her.

Sigh didn't wait to start the conversation. He had so many things to ask. This mystery woman had his head spinning.

"So, Natalie, tell us about yourself," he started, holding onto the back of her seat so he could prop himself forward and talk to her.

She hesitated for a minute, feeling off guard and not prepared to answer that question.

"Umm. I have no idea what to say, " she nervously answered him. It was a loaded question. Especially since she didn't knew most of the answers. Her memory was still lost. Over the past two years small things had come back to her but none of them made sense nor did they fit into the life she thought she lived.

"Oh come on. How about where you're from?"

Ummm, again another blank. She should answer where she was found. "Florida," she curtly answered, looking to Charlie for backup.  He just kept his attention on the road. 

"Okay? Do you have any hobbies? Other than running, which I already know."

Hobbies? That was another hard question. Riding a motorcycle always came to mind, as well as drawing. But when she tried to draw, it looked like something a child created.

"Well, I love to run, in the mornings, when it is peaceful and quiet. Usually there isn't anyone around," she hinted.

"Yeah, until I came up. What about a relationship?" Sigh pushed on.

Relationship? That was a common question from guys she encountered. That one she was able to figure out.

"A relationship? I'm married," she added as an afterthought. It was true, even though she couldn't remember what her husband looked like.