Dan and the girl with blue hair

Staring at myself in the bathroom mirror, I breathed out heavily. I had just about finished curling my long blue hair when my phone buzzed, it was phil. I read it out loud to myself "hi Haley, when are you coming round? Me and dan are so excited to see you again! Miss you!" a smile spread across my face. Today was the day I was finally going to see phil again! He was my childhood friend until he moved to London and now lived with his friend Dan. I finished my make up and threw on my cardigan. " hey phil, I'm just on my way up! I miss you too!"

Unlocking the bathroom door I looked around my surroundings for my Dad, he was still passed out on the couch, as usual. Ever since mum died he hasn't been the same, after he was finished beating the life out of me yesterday I swore this was the last time! So I packed my bags and now I'm going to stay with my childhood friend. Things will get better now. I threw my bag over my non-bruised shoulder and didn't look back.

It took about 2 hours to get the train to Phil's house and find my way around the tube platforms but i finally managed to find my way to the address Phil gave me. He lived in a middle- class looking apartment block with a thick layer of white paint plastered across the buildings front door. I pulled the crumpled piece of paper out of my pocket and re-read the address to myself for the billionth time. "Apartment: 44b Bishopstone avenue"... Looks like I got the right place! I paced my way up the 4 sets of stairs and stood outside the blue oak door with symbols "44 b" screwed to the door. Nervously I took inhaled and knocked on the door. I heard rustling from inside when the door swung open. It was phil.. Just a bit older then I remember. "Haley!" Phil cheered. "Hey Phil" I tried to give him my friendliest smile. "Come inside. Can I take your bag? Would you like some tea?" I giggled at his over polite hospitality. " it's ok, you've done enough by letting me stay with you" Phil gestured for me to enter so I clambered my way into his hallway.

" if you follow me I'll show you to your room" phil said walking down the wooden hallway. At the end of the corridor we came to a large cream painted bedroom and a little brown bed positioned in the corner of the room. I noticed favourite band posters had been stuck to the walls with blue tack.

"Sorry, I'm not a very good decorator.. So I just put posters of the bands you used to like. Do you still like them?" Phil asked a little embarrassed whilst throwing himself onto my bed. "It's perfect!" I said looking at the posters like they were works of art. I perched on my bed next to Phil and turned to him. "Phil.." I paused "thank you so much for taking me in! If there's anything I can do!" He interrupted me "Haley, don't worry! I'm sure you'd do the same for me! Plus the way your dad used to treat you.." I flinched at the memory. Suddenly I heard foot steps coming down the hallway "Phil do you know where my-" a man in a grey t shirt with brown hair swept to the side entered my room "oh hi! Haley isn't it?" I nodded "Dan this is Haley.. Haley this is Dan!" Phil declared. "So your the one with the awesome music taste?" Dan said looking round the room at my Green day, muse and Pierce the veil posters. I giggled " um yeah, do you like these bands too?" I asked impressed. Dan looked back at me and smiled with his big brown eyes gleaming "Love them! Phil told me you're the one who got him into his amazing music taste!" a smile grew on my face "well.. What can I saw?" Phil chuckled "okay well it seems like you to have a lot to talk about! I'll be in the other room.

" Phil said heading towards the door, "oh yeah Haley.. Natasha is coming over later, just to let you know" I caught Dan rolling his eyes. When Phil was out the room I turned to Dan " who's Natasha?" I asked curiously " the worst person you'll ever meet! She's Phil's girlfriend who treats him like shit!" Dan muttered. I gulped. "Anyway lets not talk about that! Do you want to listen to fall out boy's new album" Dan suggested "sure!" I don't think I really had a choice anyway. Dan plugged his iPod into the dock next to my bed and laid down next to me.

Phils P.o.v

Gulping down my cold tea I waited for the door bell to ring. Wow Haley's changed! How did she get all those bruises? I pretended not to notice. Suddenly the door ran. "Guys, Natasha's here! Can you turn the music down a bit!" I yelled to the fall out boy music blaring from the other room. Someone turned it down 1%. "Thank you!" I yelled running for the door. "Natasha! Hi" I said opening the door and opening my arms to hug her. "Where is she?!" She screamed pushing her way through the door. "Where's the slut you asked to move in with you??!" She screamed marching her way down the hall way and into Haley's room. I sprinted down the hallway after her. Haley looked terrified while Natasha screamed at her. "Nat, come on! She's just an old friend!" I tried to calm her down, I hated it when she acted like this. Suddenly Natasha pushed me up against the wall and stuck her tongue down my throat. I tried kissing her back gently, but just resulted in her kissing me back harder with even more tongue. Pulling down some of Haley's posters as she kissed me harder, deeper. Finally when she finished she turned back to Haley "just remember what's mine!" She said and strutted off into my room, I ran after her.

Haley P.o.v

I sat there in shock, did that really just happen? Firstly being verbally attacked by a stranger, then watching her trying to ingulf my best friend. " that's Natasha.." Dan finally broke the silence. "Dan, I swear I'm not trying to steal Phil.." I stuttered. "I know, I know, don't worry! She thinks everyone's trying to steal Phil!" He walked over to pick up my poster from where they had been "kissing" and stuck it back on the wall " do you want to get out of here? It's just, they start to get naked after that.. And they don't always stay in Phil's room" Dan shuddered. "Sure, where do you want to go?" I skipped over to the door next to him. "Umm, I could show you around the neighbourhood?" Dan suggested "sure, I think I need to go to the store anyway" I agreed stuffing my purse into my wallet. Dan nodded at we headed out the front door.

We arrived at a small convenient store about two blocks away from the apartment. Holding the door for me, I walked into the little shop. "I'm going to grab some pot noodles, you want any?" Dan asked "I'm okay.. Wait is that hair dye?" I said rushing over to the hair dye shelves."I could use a change!" I whispered to myself. After a while Dan found me again. "What do you think?" I asked holding up a pink hair dye box. " I like it! You should get it!" Dan responded eagerly. I took it up to the cashier and paid. "Haley, are you ready to go?" Dan yelled from the front door. "Yeah! Just coming!" I yelled back running after him. Outside it was only just starting to rain, oh no! "What's the matter? Don't you like the rain?" Dan asked looking back at me

"I guess you could say that!" I blushed. "Well then, let's run!" Before I could do anything Dan grabbed my hand and pulled me down the block.

When we arrived home Dan put my hair dye in the cupboard and I decided to go to bed after a long day. When I realised their was a bra on my door and loud music playing from inside my room. "Dan.." I yelled "yeah?" Dan yelled back skidding down the hall way " oh god, not again!" I looked at him in slight shock "are they?..." Dan nodded. Great. "Erm, Haley you can share my room tonight.. It's best not to go in there!" Dan said "but my stuff is in there!" I whined back. "I'll get you some clothes!" Dan shouted running off into his room. I followed. "Here.." Dan said handing me a grey shirt and short trackies. "I'll be outside" he paused "so you can change" I nodded and Dan walked out the door closing it behind him. Suddenly lightning flashed outside. I jumped and tried to hold back the tears, just what I was fearing!

Phil's P.o.v

Was that lightning? Oh no, Haley! She had always been terrified of lightning ever since she was little. Why did Natasha suggest we come in Harley's room? I sat up. "Where are you going?" Natasha whined tiredly. "I've got to go see Haley so a second! "Noo!" She moaned, curling up to my chest so I couldn't sit up anymore. "I hope she's ok." I whispered to myself as I laid back down with Natasha.

Dan's P.o.v

After about ten minuets I knocked on the door. "Are you ready?" I yelled through the door. "Yeah" a voice quietly yelled back. I Wales in to find Haley shaking in my bed, she was as pale as a ghost! "Oh hey it's ok, what's wrong?" I asked calmly. "I'm just a bit scared of lightening" she stuttered. A loud crash of lightning screamed from outside and Haley hid under the covers. "It's ok" I comforted her as I climbed into the covers and wrapped my arms around her. After awhile she began to calm down. "Why are you scared of lightning?" I asked curiously "um when I was younger, my mum had to go to the shops late at night so she left me alone for a couple of minuets, but while she was gone there was a thunderstorm and I got really scared and I kept crying out her name but she didn't come" she paused " my mum died that same night. Apparently some lightning hit her car and she was in a massive car crash" I looked down at Haley to see a tear rolling down her cheek, I whipped it away with my hand. She looked up at me and smiled; her big brown eyes were brighter then the stars.