Bruno Wang: A profile on this varied and unique businessman

Bruno Wang is a Chinese businessman and cultural patron who is currently based in London. He is a very unique individual with a wide variety of interesting investments that range from property to theatre productions. Here's a rundown of some of his more interesting cultural investments over the years.

Bruno Wang was a producer on the massively successful 'The Scottsboro Boys'. This was a play about injustice and civil rights. It was a collaboration between legendary composing duo John Kander and Fred Ebb. This play tells the tale of a group of nine teenagers who are brought together by fate in a case that eventually sparked the American Civil Rights Movement and led to two of the most pivotal Supreme Court Rulings. It also stars Julian Glover. He is an extremely well known character actor who has had large roles in Star Wars, Indiana Jones and most recently in HBO's hit show Game of Thrones. Bruno Wang was brought to the project due to his strong believe that all forms of injustice are a distortion to spiritual balance and karma. This is a central belief in his own charitable organization that he runs called Pureland Foundation.

As a producer, Bruno Wang also supported the adaptation of the Sam and Bella Spewack book 'Kiss Me, Kate' this was an especially notable production thanks to the music and lyrics by the international loved Cole Porter. It was directed by Trevor Nunn and it stars Alex Bourne, David Burt, Adam Garcia, Clive Rowe and Hannah Waddingham. The show-within-a-show puts together gangsters, actors and romantics against a backdrop of a touring musical production of 'The Taming of the Shrew'. The choreography is incredible throughout with Stephen Mear taking care of it. This is one of Bruno Wang's finest cultural investments.

'A Streetcar Named Desire' is one of Bruno Wang's latest productions that he's had a hand in. It stars the former star of X-Files Gillian Anderson as the main character Blanche DuBois. Both the play and the performance have garnered excellent reviews, with a reviewer from the Daily Telegraph saying 'Never had I seen a production of the play that was so raw in its emotion, so violent and so deeply upsetting - Gillian Anderson giving the performance of her career. An absolute knock-out' and the Evening Standard writing 'Gillian Anderson is simply unmissable, Benedict Andrews' direction is admirably thoughtful and bold...Ben Foster explosive, Vanessa Kirby'. Out of all Bruno Wang's investments into culture, this may be his most critically lauded.