Chapter One

Dear Liam,

I’ve wanted to tell you my side of the story for quite some time now. I couldn’t figure out how though. I know it hurts right now, but it will fade. I want to give you some closure, and I hope this will do that.

Liam, I’m so so sorry. I didn’t know how to say goodbye, so I never did. From the moment I met you I was in love. I didn’t know it then, but looking back it is true. I love you Liam with all my heart. Never forget that.

I know you blame yourself, for my pain. I want you to know its not your fault, that you made these last few months the best the could possibly be for me. I was dying, yet for the first time in my life I was living. And I was happy, Liam, I was so happy. I want you to know that.

You need to move on, Liam. Moving on doesn’t mean you will stop loving me, but I love you too much to see you wallow away in sorrow. Find someone else, someone who will love you until you grow old and have grandchildren.

Going through this hasn’t made me anymore wise, Liam. But I know this. After I tell you this story, you need to promise me that you will forget me, you need to move on. You are so close to your dream, Liam. Do it, do it for me.

Anyway, back to the story. When you read this, I will already be gone and you will be on your way to being a star. I am telling you this so you can forget, Liam. You need to forget. The story starts the day before school. The day before we first met…

“Sorry!” I yell over my shoulder to some students walking home. “’Scuse me!” I call out to a group of guys taking up the whole sidewalk!

My skateboard is making hard turns down the sidewalk and I can feel the grit against my scuffed high top chuck taylors. I crouch down, still on my skateboard, and let my fingers hover just above the ground. The wind is whipping my long, wavy hair back and my shirt tight against my stomach.

I can see the turn to my house coming up, and I think I might beat Josh, as usual. You would think he would come close to beating my sometimes. Honestly I might as well be the guy here, not that he isn’t good at athletic things, he was captain of the football team and soccer team at our old school in LA, but I’m better.

I reach the house and sit on the front porch waiting for Josh, he shows up after a minute or two.

“Dang thought I might beat you this time.” He says, coming nearer.

“Not even close, bro.” I say, standing up and messing up his hair with my hand.

“Come on Mia, give me a chance some time!” He flicks my hand away and attempts to fix the shaggy blonde mop he calls hair. He and I look nothing alike, even though we are twins.

He has straight blonde hair, where I have dark brown hair that’s wavy, sometimes verging on curly. He is like a beach bum tan, where I am pretty pale. Not a ‘I never go outside and I am a vampire pale’, but I don’t tan extremely easy either. He is also a good 6 inches taller than I am. But the one thing people say we have in common are our eyes. I personally don’t get it. Josh has these striking blue eyes, like dark blue sky on a really clear day, where as mine are more grey, like water on a stormy day.

“So what do you want to do with our last night of freedom?” Josh asks me, picking up his skateboard and opening the door to the house.

“Um, how about movie and snacks?” I say, shrugging my shoulders.

“Sound good, what movie?” Josh asks me, walking into our living room and plopping down on the couch with the remotes.

“I don’t care, I’m just in it for the snacks!” I say, walking to the kitchen to grab some food.

“How about Harry Potter?” He asks me, looking in the direction of the kitchen.

“When is it ever a no on Harry Potter?” I ask, returning to the room with armfuls of food. I set all the chips and candy down on the coffee table, and plop down next to Josh, setting my feet up on the table.

I grab a bag of chips and start munching, Josh puts the movie on and settles back into the couch. We sit there for a moment watching the starting scene unfold. But silence was never our strong suit.

“Are you worried for tomorrow?” I ask turning to face Josh.

“Naw, it is a little weird starting in the middle of the year though. I’m sure it will be great.” He says still watching the movie.

“Oh,”

“Don’t worry sis, it wont be anything like LA.” He said, turning to give me a reassuring smile.

I know what you are thinking: She was bullied, but no, I wasn’t. I was actually pretty well liked at my old school. Not like Josh, who was part of the popular crowd and was always invited to every party, but I was happy. But LA held bad memories for Josh and I, long complicated bad memories, so when our parents divorced and our Dad decided to move back to England Josh and I both jumped at the chance for a new start.

“Hey, Josh?” I said, looking over at his backlit figure.

“Ya,” He said, again turning to face me.

“Just don’t tell them, the kids at school, okay?”

“Okay.”

We fell asleep right there on the couch. It was peaceful sleep, the first peaceful night I’ve had in a while.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this part is so short and sucky. I really cannot write, but I love it so I will contiinue to do so!

Haha.

~Hannah