The Beginning of a Nightmare

Y/n: You Name

L/n: Last Name

E/c: Eye Color

H/l: Hair length

H/c: Hair Color

F/c: Favorite Color

OK Please enjoy the story!

(Y/n) POV

I have loved art for awhile now and as I stand in line to check in for the Gallery, I am almost jumping in excitement as the line move's even quicker then before. 'I've been waiting for this for over two months, surely this will definitely be one the most weirdest and coolest art gallery's ever!' I think excitedly. I look at the counter with the old man standing behind it as I sign in and pay to see the gallery. "Thank you!" I say cheerfully as I smile sweetly at the old man who smiled back at me before attending to the next guest. I smile wider as I walk into the next room over to be met by an eyeless angler fish 'Woah... this is so cool!' I walk to the next room and down a longer hallway as I pass a cat painting with a mother and her son arguing over something, I didn't want to be nosy. I walk to the room next to it to see a beautiful rose, as I am walking over to it I see a little girl with a red bow around her collar trip over her own feet and face-plant into the hard marble floor 'Oh no! The poor thing!' I think as I run over to the young girl. As I help her up, I ask "Are you ok?" she look's at me and nod's "Y-Yes, I'm fine." she smiles lightly. I nod "Well... where are your parent's?" The girl gave me another smile "They are looking at some art close to the creepy fish, I am not very fond of that art so my parent's let me walk around by myself." I nodded at her reply "Would you like to look around with me?" I ask. She looked at me with happy eye's "Sure, sounds fun." she smiled, I gave a happy nod as I hold my hand out to her which she happily take's. As we are walking up the stairs, I realize that I have not asked her name "Excuse me, but I never did get your name. Do you mind if I ask now?"the young girl looked at me and nodded "My name is Ib." she replies. 'Ib... what a wonderful name...' I thought to myself "I didn't get your name either, what is it?" Ib asked "(Y/n)" I reply politely. "Wow.. what a pretty name.." Ib said in amazement, you blush at the little girl's comment "T-Thank you..." you stutter awkwardly as Ib giggles. As we reach the top of the stairs, I go to look at some mannequins. As I turn around I run into a hard chest and fall to the floor, "Oh my gosh...! I am.. so sorry." I apologize as the man that I bumped into stares down at me with worried eyes "No no no, don't apologize. It was my fault in the first place." The man helps me up and smiles awkwardly, I get a better look of him and see that he is wearing a light blue coat defying gravity (If you know what I'm talking about.) with a light green shirt he is also wearing long brown jeans. I finally look at his face to see that his hair is a light purple with something on top of it which was hard to tell what it was since it looked very strange. I smile back as I hear a voice behind me "Hey (Y/n)! Come on!" Ib yelled to me. I laughed awkwardly as I turned back to the man "Hey listen, I have to go, but hopefully we can meet up later, kay?" I turned away from the man and waved before I left him.  Ib turns a corner and another to stop in front of a large painting. She goes up to read the panel on what the painting is called. I look with her 'Fabricated World.... hm.... odd.' I thought to myself. The lights started flickering and all the music faded into nothingness, I look at Ib with worried eyes to see that she looked very scared. I grabbed her hand and pulled her into a hug "Don't worry Ib, everything will be ok... I promise..." I whisper towards her, I feel a slight nod against my shirt and sigh in relief. 'Ib will be fine.... We should go find her parent's and leave this place, it's starting to creep me out...' I think to myself as Ib and I start to walk back towards the stairway. As we descend off the stairway, the lights flicker once more and go out 'Shoot...' I think fearfully. I look at Ib to see she was terrified as well as I was. I hear small but loud footsteps coming from all direction which creeps me out, I head back up the stairs to go back to the weird painting. Once I'm standing in front of it with Ib at my side, I see a small blue smudge coming from out of the painting, I rub my hand across it and turn around to read words on the floor that say 'Come Down Below....' I stare at them in confusion and turn back to the blue smudge to see it has been replaced with small writing 'What the...?' I look closer to read the writing still having a tight grip on Ib's hand to make sure she isn't leaving my side. As I look at the writing I finally make out the words that say 'Come Down Below.... I'll Show You Someplace Secret.....' I cringe in fear but decide to follow the instructions, at least to get out of the creepiness of what was surrounding us. As I walked down the hallway towards the steps, I see a window. I look through the window to see no one there 'Maybe it's a way out...' I thought to myself in excitement. I tried to pull the window open, I used all my strength, but alas the window would not open. As I turn around, I hear loud banging on the window which makes me jump in fear, Ib also jumps in fear but instead of walking it off, I see a little tear stream down her pail cheek 'Oh no...'. I sit next to the young girl and place my arm around her shoulders and pull her closely into a deep hug. Ib finally calms down and pokes my leg to say that we should keep moving. I make a short and quick nod before grabbing Ib's hand once again and heading down the stairs. A room that we have not looked into yet was the one with the creepy angler fish inside of it 'Oh great... some more creepiness..' I thought as we walk into the large room. Once inside, I look towards the fish to see that one of the leather ropes had been removed and blue footsteps led into the dark blue waters 'You don't mean..' I think frantically as I look at Ib to see that she has determined eyes as she looks back at me "I think we'll be ok.... right?" she asks me. I nod as well and walk over to the where the rope is gone and dip my foot into the water 'It isn't cold.... hm.... strange.' I think to myself. I dip my body inside the water that feel's like nothing and float to the bottom? with Ib in my arms. Feeling like nothing I close my eyes and open them to find myself in a dark blue room cradling Ib still in my arms.

Timeskip!: Brought to you by Lady in Red

Writer-chan: Hi!

Red: ....

Writer-chan: ????

Red:..... Run.

Writer-chan:..... ok bi!

I run out of the room with the enclosed library that we just stood in, and I wanted to leave quickly after, the room held a book which gave Ib and I a demented story to read aloud for people to hear. Once safely outside, I found a (F/c) rose hiding under the table, Ib held her red one close to her chest, so I grabbed the (F/c) one since Ib said whenever her flower looked wilted it felt like she was dying, so I made a conclusion that these flowers are actually attached to you in a certain way, this way is shown because if your flower dies, you die. I grab the flower and place it inside a flower vase slowly feeling myself being able to relax for a bit from running away from paintings with the young girl by my side. I look over to the hallway on my right and grab Ib's hand "Let's go this way." I say calmly as Ib nod's quietly following down the hallway I choose by holding my hand. Once we get to the other side, I see a familiar figure lying on the floor, it take's me a moment to realize that the figure lying there... was the man in the gallery. "Oh my goodness!" I say as I run up to the man, Ib comes up from behind me "Is he ok...?" she mutters. I check the man's heart to see if it's beating, I place my hand over it and sigh in relief "...He'll probably be alright.... the pulse is just.... slow..." I murmur softly back to the young girl. I sit on the floor next to the man's head as Ib sits down in my lap. I see that the man is holding a key and I lightly tap his shoulder, he groans which makes Ib jump and me blush 'God...' I think to myself. I take the key from his hand's 'This must lead to somewhere... maybe there's a flower that has to do with him as well!' I think cheerfully "Come along Ib, we can take care of the man later. We first need to find his flower." I say with confidence. Ib seem's hesitant to come with me down the other hallway that was on our left, she didn't want to explore. But alas, she came along with me as we walked down the second hallway, I noticed a door with blue rose petals leading towards it. I quickly open the door to look inside. In one corner is a piece of art and in the other... is another lady painting... but instead her dress is blue.. 'Oh crap...' I think to myself as the lady slowly pull's the petals off of the blue rose slowly and painfully 'No wonder the man on the floor looking weak, this woman has been hurting him through his flower...' I think to myself. Ib stay's behind, me with fear in her eye's she is also shaking, I look towards her and give her a reassuring smile "Don't worry Ib, everything will be alright. We just need to get that flower away from her." I whisper. Ib give's a quick nod "Uh... (Y/n)? Can you distract her?" I look at Ib, fear shuddered through me, but I put a confident look on my face and nodded "Ok Ib, I'll do it. But once it's distracted, you have to run and grab the flower, ok?" I asked from her. She nodded "Ok..." I ran forward and yelled "Hey Lady! Come and get some!" the lady looked up and snarled at me while crawling on her hands. I ran around the small space trying to distract "Ib! Now!" I yelled towards her. I saw out of the corner of my eye a little red skirt flash by and back to the door in mere seconds "(Y/n)! I got it! Let's go! Hurry!" she yelled back. I quickly ran towards the door and opened it without hesitation, slamming it onto the woman's face. I heard a grunt and a small 'Ow.' come from the other side of the door which made me smirk 'Show's her..' I thought. Ib handed me the wilted blue rose which looked like it was about to die, I panicked and held the rose "We need to give it some water and fast!" I reply to Ib, she nods and pull's my hand into the other room. Before we leave the room, there is a crash that comes from behind Ib and I. I'm almost afraid to turn around and when I do, my feelings of fear are correct. What sit's behind us is the blue woman with her hair tangled and in her face surrounded by broken pieces of glass 'Oh shoot...' I look towards Ib and murmur a few words "Run..." as the lady finally see's us and snarls, crawling towards us with her two hands. Ib and I run for our lives and stop when we arrive in the room where I found my flower. I walk up to the vase and hesitantly drop the blue rose into the water. In mere seconds the blue rose looks like it has just bloomed, I smile and pluck it from the water. I turn back towards Ib to see her watching me with intent eye's as I smile at her "We can go back now, he should be alright." I say while walking down the hallway once again with Ib following me close behind. 'I wonder what got him in that state....' I think as Ib and I walk down the almost endless looking hallway 'hm... who knows.... he will probably explain when he.... wakes up.'