He stood and clapped his hands. "Let's not put this off any longer. Shall we go meet my sister?"

For the first time, I really took in the fact that I was going to meet part of Harry's family. The only one he ever talked about was Gemma, so it felt like a sincerely significant event. I didn't want her to dislike me. No matter how hard I tried to convince myself that our similar situations would bond us, I didn't fully believe it. I hadn't totally conversed with other people in God knows how long. I was horrible with social interactions now. Absolutely clueless.

Harry squeezed my shoulder, gave me a reassuring smile, and started to scan the crowd. Once he spotted her, he pointed her out to me. Gemma was equally as beautiful as her brother, with seemingly dyed blonde hair and kind brown eyes. She was average height and thin, but a healthy thin. Conquered her struggles and owned them proudly.

I was being lead over to her before I even processed it. I tried to shove my nervousness aside, tried to put myself back as I used to be where I interacted with everyone. I was a cheerleader and popular, but I hadn't discriminated against social classes. I'd never seen a point in them, and I was a cheerleader because I wanted to be for the sport, not the status.

Harry tapped her shoulder and she spun around, quickly slapping a hand over her mouth before she spewed her drink everywhere. He mocked her. "Yes, I know. Your daughter made me devastatingly handsome."

Once she managed to swallow, she couldn't contain herself as she pulled out her phone. "This is going in a frame," she giggled.

Harry gave the camera an unamused look, but Gemma didn't care. She took at least four, one of which was up close on his forehead where the butterfly really cluttered together. He ended up pushing her hands away, grumbling under his breath.

"Before you rudely violated me," he said, "I was going to introduce you to Delilah."

Gemma turned to me with a benevolent smile. I outstretched my hand, but she took me by surprise and went for the hug. "It's nice to finally meet you," she said when she pulled away, a knowing look in her eyes. "I'm glad you're doing well."

Slightly embarrassed, all I could do was give an awkward smile in reply.

Sweet as she was, Gemma didn't let it get quiet. "You're more than welcome to help yourself to some snacks inside. There's a table spread out, and there's drinks if you want anything."

"Oh, thank you."

A kid screamed before our conversation could pick up.

Gemma narrowed her eyes. "Hey!" she shouted, beginning to walk over. "I don't know you, little boy! Where'd you come from?"

Harry shrugged. "See? Not bad."

"That was horrible."

"It wasn't."

"I hate meeting people because it's always awkward."

He smirked. "It's just you that's awkward, Delilah."

"I'd like to argue with you on that but...."

He bumped his shoulder with mine. "So are you hungry? Even if you aren't, I'm going to need your help getting this stuff off my face. It's starting to crust up and it's grossing me out."

I cringed. "Shame you have to waste such artwork."

"Are you kidding? Gemma got enough pictures for a lifetime. They'll be all over the house next time I come over."

Following Harry in through the back door, I saw some older people sitting around in the kitchen, chatting about. Harry swept his arm out and bowed jokingly at them, which caused each of them to blush and wave him away dismissively. They gave me friendly smiles, and I surprisingly managed to return them.