Voice Crack

I opened the door to the meeting, ready to face rejection, regardless of how great my idea was.
     "Hello," I said, as calmly as ever.
     "Hello."
     I actually got a response back? I wasn't planning on getting this far. I didn't prepare to talk after the hello. I thought I would've passed by then.
     "Hello?" the board members asked again.
     My heart was soaring as I started describing the project of which I needed an investment for.
     "I have come up with the ideal way to make glass completely invincible," I said, feeling not quite a lump in my throat, but something of the like.
     The board members giggled. The short and fairly chubby man on the far right of the table finally spoke-
     "That sounds quite interesting, but, and I'm sorry to call you out on this, you sound like a prepubescent child when you speak; your voice cracks in between every word that comes out of your mouth."
     The lump in my throat began to burst, a warm liquid spilling out of each hole that it made.
     The pieces of the lump began poking out of my neck, the blood flowing right out with them.
     The board members swirled their wine and chuckled a bit, discussing their thoughts about my idea for indestructible glass, which they didn't even know the name of, let alone how it worked!
     The glass and blood that came from my neck had by now decapitated me,  the blood just coming out of the space between my head and neck, the glass still sticking out of the gaping hole that it made.
     I dropped limp. I dropped limp. I dropped limp. I dropped limp. I dropped limp. I dropped limp.
    With the remains of the last breath I had, I wheezed out-
     "Please just take my glass into consideration-"
     I didn't have time to finish the sentence, but they damn well knew what I meant.
     The board members left the meeting. The woman in the red dress with sleek, brown hair picked up the papers that I was holding in my cold, white hand, and ran out of the room to catch up with the others.
     "Hold up, just a second, I just had the most brilliant idea!" was the last thing I heard as my sense of hearing was the last to go.
     I died happily.