Chapter Seven

"I'll look to like, if looking liking move, but no more deep will I endart mine eye than your consent gives strength to make-"

"Why are you doing that?" Eddy asked Double D, referring to how the sockhead was just mumbling Juliet's lines under his breath.

Double D laughed softly and shook his head. "My apologies, Eddy. Being around Nazz, Kevin, and the other actors after school for two hours everyday and hearing their lines over and over, it is a bit difficult not to memorize them."

It was also because it had been a week since Double D had started helping Kevin with his lines. He smiled as he thought about how much progression Kevin has made since. He sighed and grabbed another stake of paper which had about eight tickets printed out on them-the ones to be apart of the scam. Because Double D works backstage, he was able to create the tickets almost perfectly accurate to the real ones.

"Well, stop it," Eddy said as he began cutting out more 'tickets'. "It's annoying. Let me hear those words when I actually go see the play."

Double D paused and looked over at his friend, his lips curling up. "You're coming to see the play?"

Eddy sighed, and Ed answered for him, "We are! And I'm gonna go each night."

Double D grinned and set paper down before reaching over and wrapping his arms around Eddy. "Oh, Eddy. I'm glad to hear that you are going to come see it."

Eddy rolled his eyes, but he did smile as he patted Double D's back. "Yeah, yeah," he mumbled. "Let's just hurry up and get these done so we can go home."

Although Double D was still a bit peeved that they were going to make students that actually wanted to go to the play miss the opportunity because of their careless acts. Yet, he had to admit, they've done worse, but that didn't make him feel any better at all. He decided to not think about it. He was better off if he didn't, otherwise he'd start to feel the guilt overwhelm him.

Ed stood near the printer, grinning as the last piece of paper came out. He grabbed it and ran back over to his friends.

"The final one," he said, kneeling down as he handed over the still warm from the printer paper to Eddy.

Eddy smirked as he accepted it and examined it. "You're a genius, Double D. Have I ever told ya that?"

Double D couldn't help but smile. "Thank you, Eddy."

"Jawbreakers, jawbreakers," Ed hummed to himself. "Jawbreakers make me happy."

"I can't wait until we can afford as many jawbreakers as Kevin has in his stupid garage," Eddy said, chuckling mischievously.

"I highly doubt that can be possible," Double D mindlessly said, and Eddy stopped cutting the paper to glare at him.

"What?" Eddy asked. "Why?"

Double D blinked, realizing he had said that out loud. "O-oh... because Kevin gets a whole new stack for free each mouth... we'll never catch up."

"We'll get close enough, Double D! It's better than having none at all."

"And what happens when these children figure out they have false tickets?"

"They'll get over it!"

"What if they don't?!"

"They will!"

"Why are you two yelling?" Ed interrupted, tilting his head a little.

Double D and Eddy paused as they turned to look at him, and they sighed.

"Yes, Ed is right," Double D said.

"Surprisingly," Eddy murmured, and Double D nudged him. "I mean, yeah... Ed's right."