Chapter two~ Alive

He looks at me with wide eyes, his mouth opening and closing as he searched for words.
"Why are you here?..." He croaks out before a cough racks his body, blood splattering out onto the ground.
"H-he found me... I tried to hide but..." The words catch in my throat as look at his broken state.
"I'm fine... What about you? Are you okay?..." He asks reaching for my hand.
"I-I'm okay..." I sigh taking his hand, squeezing it gently
"I'll get you out of here I promise... I don't know how or when but I will I promise." I say as I shift his head onto my lap, stroking his matted hair.
But our sweet moment of bliss was interrupted with the resounding slam of the door. My body shakes as Carla's gaze nears us, his cold grasp snatching me up and away from Shin.
"Don't hurt her!" Shin growls fiercely
"I don't take orders from traitors!" Carla says kicking him harshly in the side.
"Let me go you monster!" I scream breaking away from his grasp and running to Shin's aid. Before I could even touch him, a sharp, almost crippling pain spread across my cheek. A resounding smack echoes in the basement, the hit knocking me off balance and into the wall.
I'm expecting to see fury in Carla's eyes but they're shrouded in regret.
"Go." He growls pointing toward the stairs
"No I-"
"I said Go!" He roars, the walls practically shaking around us.
I take off up the staircase, tears fogging my vision as I run to my room. I can't help but flop onto the bed as the sobs overtake me. I was nearly all cried out when there was a soft knock on the door.
"What do you want Carla?" I ask burying myself deeper under the covers.
"I came to apologize... I never meant you any harm..." He sighs taking a finger to my chin.
"You say that but you keep hurting me..." I say batting his hand away.
"There's a ball this weekend... I thought it would be nice to go out, so you could get out of the house..."
"Do I really have a choice?"
"Your dress will be here tomorrow... I hope you like it." He says swiftly exiting the room.
A ball huh.... What's the worse that could happen?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note: hiya. Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, it was more of a filler sorry 😅 next chapter will be really good I promise.... If you comment anything on this story I'll put you in my drawing for a one shot! Number of comments doesn't matter (so 5 comments and 1 comment will still only be put in once.) there will be 3 winners! It'll be completely random so may the luckiest win! Peace out Girl Scouts! 🤘🏾