The Fox and the Hound

Claudia smiles widely as she holds her new son in her arms, and she kisses his head making the small child wave his chubby arms around his head. "Sweet baby." Claudia says, smiling at the child. John worked for the sheriff's station when they got the call that there had been a terrible car accident, and John had found the poor boy in the backseat perfectly fine. Claudia and John had been trying for children for most of their twenty year marriage, so he had volunteered to take the small boy home. Of course, it had been a surprise for all when John was holding the little boy did he grow ears and tail as he laughed and clapped his hands. Claudia didn't care, she may have told John that if he didn't come home with the poor boy then he shouldn't come home at all, and she puts Stiles on her hip as she walks into the house.

"Claudia. It's been ages!" Claudia hears, and she turns to look at her neighbor. It's Melissa, a rather odd woman but she was nice enough to Claudia and her husband. Sometimes she comes off to drink tea and sit on the porch as they talk. "Who is that?" Melissa asks, softly as she looks at the toddler in Claudia's arms. "He looks to be about Scott's age. It would be nice for him to have a friend." Melissa adds on, and Claudia smiles at her while she nods her head.

"This is Stiles. John and I just adopted him. He's almost three." Claudia says, running her hand through Stiles' longish brown hair as he looks at the other woman. "He's a sweetheart." Claudia adds on, and Melissa grins at him while she turns to pick her own son. The boy, Scott, looks at the new toddler curiously. Stiles watches him curiously too, and he waves at the other boy. "Say hi." Claudia whispers to him, and Stiles nods his head as he hugs her.

"Hi!" Stiles says, smiling at the boy. Scott brightens up at that, and he waves at him while he squirms in Melissa's arms to get free so he can take the boy with him to play with his toys. "Can I? Mama? Can I?" Stiles asks, and Claudia smiles at him while she puts him down to go play. Stiles smiles as he gets put down, and he waddles off to go with the other boy.

****

"You smell funny." Scott says, and Stiles looks up at him while he sips his juice box and he turns his head to the side. Scott smells funny to him, he didn't want to say anything to him since it seemed mean to say that his new friend smelled bad, and he puts down his juice box as he looks at him. Scott leans his head against his shoulder and he sniffs at his throat. Stiles giggles as he pushes him away before nudging into his throat with his nose to breath him in. "Smell like a fox." Scott says, and Stiles laughs as he lets his ears pop out. Scott makes a noise as he watches him and he allows his own ears, they're a soft grey color that are contrasting to his dark hair, and Stiles pats at them clumsy with chubby hands.

"Wolf. Wolfy!" Stiles says, smiling at him. Scott nods his head as he pushes around his toy, and Melissa smiles at them as she watches them. Stiles seems to be fitting in well with his new family, it makes Claudia smile as she sips her iced tea. "Mama! Juice!" Stiles says, walking over to her to hop into her lap.

"I'm so surprised that they're getting along. Foxes and wolves doesn't really get along in the natural world." Melissa says, and Claudia hums curiously as she watches Stiles sip her iced tea when he thinks that she's not looking. "He's a cutie." She adds on, smiling while Scott moves to be closer to his new friend and she holds him as he starts to doze off after a morning of excitement.

"We're going to friends forever!" Stiles declares, and Claudia smiles at him while she nods her head as she holds him in her arms as he starts to doze off with a soft smile on his face.

****

Stiles is fourteen now, getting ready to start high school, and he looks around as he rides his bike around Scott's yard to wait for him. He's waiting for him to get out of practice, he's going to try out for the lacrosse team, and Stiles hums to himself as he looks around every time he hears a noise. It's hard for him to focus on certain things, he doesn't know if it's the fox inside him or if something else is wrong with him, and he gets off his bike to investigate the noise. It's rabbit, Stiles squeaks in delight, and he starts to chase after it. "What is he doing?" Stiles hears, and he turns with his bottom in the air and his upper body flat to the ground as he prepares to attack the small animal. He sees that it's one of their classmates, Jackson or Isaac since Stiles has trouble telling them apart, and Scott rubs the back of his neck.