prologue

Readers pov

"Alright, I have to finish packing when I get home, and head to True Cross in the morning." I exit the store to the busy street, grocery's in hand. I start walking home, but almost immediately take the alley-way to avoid the many people with barely any space. I put in my earbuds and turn on the radio station on my mp3.

"We regret to inform you that Igor Neuhaus has escaped federal prison and asylum."" That's right Kim, originally put away for experimenting with demon blood on humans and working with demons to bring the dead back to life. He is a huge danger and therapist say that " he is unstable as ever sence they took him in." The vadican has also reported that someone has stolen an enclosed item from their secret vault. Poliece don't yet know if the two are related but there is the possibility." "We don't know where he is so please be aware."

I turned off my radio mp3, knowing this conversation was going to be going on and no music would be playing. 'How could he just escape prison though? I mean his last experement was harming people and he worked with demons for crying out loud. Not that demons are bad and all but working with them to do the things he did isn't right.' I turned the corner, only two more blocks from my appartment. Suddenly a hand pulled me into the side of the ally and a cloth was put over my mouth. A horrid stench filled my nose as I struggled to get out of my attackers grasp. My grocerys fell to the ground as my limbs gave out. My vision started to blur untul I had lost conshusness.

2 hours later

I awoke to a pain in my head,like something was thumping on my scull. I conshusly groaned and opened my eyes to see an underground dungon kind of place. I try to stand but something pulls my arms back. That's when I notice the metal cuffs and chains that are attached to the wall and to my wrists." What the?" I tug on them to see if they come undone but they don't budge. I suddenly think that the only logical explination is that whoever attacked me is crazy and brought me here.

"Hey who are you and what do you want with me?" No answer follows but the sound of footsteps echo through the room and a shadow is soon on the wall." I know your there now show yourself!" A figure emerges from the darkness and the dim lights make his face visible to me. The only thing seperating us is the iorn gate that holds me in this cell, even if I did manage to escape my chains. I am actually glad because of this because I can soon identify the fact that the man is infact the escaped prisoner, Igor Neuhaus. I scoot as close as I can to the wall, getting as much distance between us as possible at the moment. "Aw, you scared? I don't blame you really, the asylum they put me in did a number on my humanity after all." He gives a wicked grin and stare right at me. "Your mad!" "Your right and you know what else? Your my new test subject, and this" he pulls out a vile of red liquid along with a needle. "What is that?" "Glad you asked! This is demon blood. King demon blood to be exact." He opens the iorn gate and walks in the room to me. "Now be a good girl and this won't hurt a bit, so stay still."

He grasps my arm and pushes the needdle into my skin, letting the blood mix with mine as it gets released into my system. I hiss in pain as he's done this forcefully yes but for some reason this makes my body burn a bit. He let's go and gets out of my cell, closing the gate behind him. "Now let that sink in a bit." He gives an odd laugh and walks away.

I shiver as the burning sensation now turns numb and there's a pain in my lower back." Mpmph!" I try to hold in screams as the pain increses. My nails turn black and grow quickly while my jaw shifts and my ears burn. The pain becomes unbearable and I can no longer hold in screams. My vision blurs and becomes dark as I start to hear high pich ringing