USA vs FRANCE

Ashlyn's P.O.V.

"1. 2. 3. USA!!!" We ran onto the field ready for the match against France. When we started I knew right away that we were gonna score soon.

~4th minute~

Pinoe has the ball and she's dribbling down the line, cuts it back and crosses it. The ball flies past Lauren, Morgan, Alex AND even Wambach, but Tobin was behind them and slammed the ball into the back of the net. GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL.

~37th minute~

Tobs has the ball in the 18 cuts it back and plays a ball right to Abby's head and just like that it's 2-0.

In the second half it's not as easy. There are a lot more shots on my but I save them. But soon enough one goes in, in the 60th minute. Ali come over to me and says "Shake it off. Nothing else will go in, right?"

"Right" I answer determined not to let another one in.

~81st minute~

The ball is crossed over out 18. I sprint out from my line and jump to punch the ball out. I do, but the French striker elbows me in the head, then I she falls on my head. All I feel is intense pain on and in my head. I roll around on the ground from pain and curl up in a ball. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I see for a second that it's Ali.

"Ash do you need help?"

"Al." I say through gritted teeth from the pain. I'm clutching my head and Ali calls for the stretcher.

"Ash, it's gonna be ok" she tells me.

"Al, it hurts." I respond.

"I know just tell me what happened."

"I went up to punch the ball and number 7 elbowed me in the head and then her knee landed on my head." I say.

"OK, Ash. You're going to go on the stretcher and your gonna go to the hospital. I will be there tight after the game. Ok?"She ask.

"Ok" I confirm. The stretcher comes and Tobs and Ali help me get on it.

"Go score for me, Krieger." I tell Ali.

"Will do, Harris" she responds.

And she does in the 90th minute a volley from outside the 18, right past the French goalkeeper.

~After the game~

Ali's P.O.V

When the final whistle blows I rush to the sideline and the team gets in the bus quickly. I'm lonely on the bus since Ashlyn's in the hospital. But I don't notice because I'm too deep in though. When the bus stops I rush out and Tobin drives me to the hospital. Tobin goes to the front desk and says "Ashlyn Harris."

"Room 118."

We sprint to her room and when we walk in we see Ash, and I rush over to her and hug her.

"So what's the news?" I ask

"Severe concussion" she tells us.

"We'll Alexandra here scored for you." Tobs points out. I feel my face turn red and ash smiles.

"I hate hospitals. They're the worst" she states.

"I agree." Tobs says. The whole room erupts with laughter. Maybe hospitals aren't too bad.