Laurens retirment part 1

"Hey Abby, can we call a team meeting in your room?" I ask over the phone.

"Um yeah sure what's up?" She replies.

"I'll tell you at the meeting" I hang up and take a deep breath. I can literally make a list of some girls who would be upset.

Tobs

Moe

Arod

Abby

And, well, you get the point. I'm just worried that they'll take it the wrong way. I know my fellow New Kid roommate  is somewhere probably with Tobs and Baby horse so I head over to Abby's room.

34. 34 steps to get too Abby's room. Yeah I counted. If you were as nervous as I am, you would do anything to get you mind off of it. Once I reach her door half the team is in there. I stand at the front of the room looking down at the dark carpeted floor. Out of the corner of my eye I see Tobin and Alex walk in with Arod following shortly behind. All of them laughing and Arod was pouting. 

"We got you good Arod" Alex said laughing hysterically.

"Yeah yeah yeah that is the last time so enjoy the moment while it lasts" she replied.

"So why are we here?" Tobin asks. Alex glares at her and she just shrugs her shoulders.

"Toby, Lauren is going to explain when everyone else gets here ok." Alex jokes while pinching Tobin cheeks.

"OK" Tobin says as she plays along with the whole childish thing. I really don't want to worry them or ruin the fun happy mood I think. I'm to deep in thought that I don't realize that everyone is looking at me expecting me to explain everything. So I do.

"I'm... I'm thinking about retiring." I say 

Moe is the first one to react. 

"Why? You're not too old and you're doing so well."

"I want to start a family" I answer.

But why can't you be like Boxxy or Cap?" I hear someone say. 

I take a deep breath and say  "Because I want a normal family"

I see a figure rush out the door and I scan the room to see who it was. Everybody is there except for Tobin. Alex runs out and follows saying "I'll get her"

Tears start to fill my eyes as I realize that all eyes are on me and that I just caused Tobs to run away. Boxxy and Christie come up to me and give me a comforting hug. 

"I'm gonna go back to my room" I say as I walk out the door. As I get to my room I hear footsteps behind me and I look back to see Moe our youngster crying. I let her in and she starts talking.

"What am I supposed to do? You always help me play. You're the one who helped me through times when I just needed someone. I'm not going to be able to fill in your shoes, I can't do what you can do." She choked out.

"Moe, you can do incredible things with the ball. You play way beyond your years." I respond. 

I'm still gonna play for the next 3 games."  I say trying to cheer her up and maybe me up too.

"I know, but I'm still gonna miss you. everyone will." She states. 

"Thanks Moe, I know you'll do great things and if you want you can be 12 next year." I tell her 

"Nah, that's yours. I'm a 14 kinda girl" we laugh at that. I hug her and say "Soon there will only be one group of the new kids"

"Yeah, but you'll always be one of us. Now you might want to find Tobin." she suggests. 

I get up and wave. "See ya later alligator"

She shakes her head but finishes it "In a while crocodile"

I walk out the door. This is going to be hard. I thought. Let's go find Tobs.