Chapter 2

Just then, the agents quickly, got into attack-formation and attacked with 15 mid-sized boulders. Gaara shielded himself with the sand stored in the gourd on his back, and attacked with his own flurry of attacks.

"Who are these guys? Why are they attacking me? And who's this Fire Nation they are speaking of?" Gaara wondered.

The Dia-li then started to attack with stone pillars, and large boulders. As he dodged the pillars, Gaara then formed a sand staff and defended against their remaining assault.

"Shoot!" he said under his breath, realizing The Dia-li caught him off-guard long enough to trap his hands in earth pillars.

As they began to surround him and go for the kill, the leader of the group spoke up and said "You shouldn't have crossed us, If you hadn't you would be able to live..Oh well, now you die!" he cackeled as he and his men bent boulders out from ground and launched at Gaara

Gaara knew he was trapped now, there was nothing he do. His arms were stuck, so he wouldn't be able to stop the boulders from crushing him even if he wanted to. As he got ready to accept his fate, a large wall of rock shot up from below the ground, and the attack was blocked causing a cloud of dust to disrupt their sight.

"Who did that?" Long Fang asked his subordinates

"We don't know sir, but they can't be to far away.." said a soldier

"Find the person responsible, right this second!" yelled Long Fang

The Dia-Li circled the perimeter expecting the Avatar and his followers, but to their delight they only found the little earth bender named Toph.

"Oh, it's just you..why did you try to save this man? Is he a follower of the Avatar too?" asked Long Fang as stood in his fighting stance as the lone earth-bender took cover from behind a stone wall she had put up

"Hey Long Fang, didn't I teach you last time that if you mess with these innocent people, you are messing with me?" said Toph still shielded by her cover "And to answer your question about that guy, I don't even know him, but one thing that even I can see...is that if he is enemy to you, he can't be all bad."

Toph came out from behind her cover, and began her attack. She started with a two-handed barrage of pillars and boulders. He dodged the pillars and the boulders were blocked and quickly countered with his sword. After which Long Fang charged at Toph and changed the battle from mid-range (which she was best at), to close-range.

He smirked, "What are you going to do now? Your tricks are only useful to you when you are farther away. I got you now, right where I want you!" said Long Fang

"That's funny..I was going to say the same for you." said Toph.

Just as Long Fang stepped forward, he tripped and got his foot caught in Gaara's sand.

"Let me finish this..." said Gaara angrily as he stood behind Long Fang

"Wait a minute..shouldn't you take care of the rest of the Dia-Li?" questioned Toph

"Look behind you.." said Gaara.