Ch.23

Ember's pov
The last thing I remember was falling from the sky and blood flying. I don't know what happened from there. I passed out and I'm in a room with my foot chain to the wall. I was alone Damon was no where to be seen. I hope he's ok. I love him. But i can't tell what his brother has done to me. I'm in pain. His brother beat on me and did some bad things. My stomach was swelled which worried me. He took a brick and hit my stomach with it. I felt bad. I couldn't do anything. I trying fight but I couldn't. The monster killed what was inside me. That was wrong even if I hate him I would still have love the dragon inside me. I can't now. I hope I will being out soon.

     Damon's pov
I made a mistake taking Ember in the sky to look for the pack. I should have protected her from James. I knew he would have this. Tear run for my eyes. I'm a terrible mate. I don't blame her for not loving me now. "Shut your crying up. You worthless piece of trash." James slam my head into the wall. I tried to stop crying. "You know what? Before you die let's see that mate of yours." James pulled me out of the room and into the one with Ember. I broke free and ran to her. As I got closer,  I could tell he was beating on her. Now I was mad. He could beat on me but touch my mate. He's going to pay. Soon as I was about to touch her. James slam me to the ground and chained me up. He went to Ember and started beating her. Ember was screaming and I was trying to brake free. One chain snapped then the other. I ran at my brother and jumped on him. Ember curled into a ball in fear. I'm going to end this now.