Dream of the man in red

Niap's point of view
Dream:
I was surround in darkness. I couldn't see anything not everyone my own hands in front of me. I started walking in hope of finding a way out. The darkness seemed to stretch on forever. I was scared. Suddenly the air felt cold. I shivers and continued to walk. "H-h-hello any one there?" I ask, but all I get is silence. I walk further and in the distance I make out a color standing out against the darkness. "Is that a way out?" I ask myself and quickly walk to it. As I get closer I start to see a figure. I walked closer and the figure became a man. He was tall with a long red trench coat and matching wide hat. He had red sunglasses on. He was also smiling. His hands were folded behind his back. It was the man in red who visits me in my dreams. "My you have grown my little one." He said. This was the first time I ever heard him speak. His voice was deep yet was some what soothing. "W-w-what do you mean?" I ask backing away a bit. "No need to fear me young one." He says calmly staying were he is. "W-w-w-why are you here?" I ask. I was slightly scared of him. "To speak with you my little girl" he says with a small smile. "Please don't call me that I don't know you" I say trying to be polite. I saw him frown. "It saddens me that you don't remember Niap" he says my eyes widen when he says my name. "H-h-h-how do you know my name? How do you know me?" I ask. He was really scaring me. I back away more. He slowly moves towards me. I back up more until I feel my back hit something. I gasp and look behind me and my eyes widen when I see the man in red behind me. I try to run away, he pulls me back to him. "No please let me go please!" I cry out trying to get away. I feel him hold me tighter but gently. "Easy little one I'm not going to hurt you" he says in my ear. I shiver and whimper. "Please Mr please let me go" I say. I could feel tears in my eyes. I was scared. I heard the man sigh. "I don't mean to scare you my little one. All this time I have been trying to speak with you. We have been apart for far too long" he says with a sad tone in his voice. I look down not sure what to say. "W-w-what do you mean by that?" I ask. "That will be held for another time my little girl its time for you to awaken. Don't worry we will speak again. I will be waiting till then" he says and I see him start to fade. "Wait you never told me who you are" I say trying to make him stop. "If you are able to read my young one look for the book Dracula" he says as he slowly leaves.

End dream:
I jolted awake panting. *what did he mean by all he said? How does he know my name? Why does he always come in my dreams? And why does he want me to find the book Dracula?* I think to myself. It's all confusing. I sigh and pull the blanket off of my head and wince at the bright light of the sun. I get out of bed and grab clean clothes and head to the bathroom to shower and change. Once done I put my dirty clothes in my hamper and leave my room and head to the dining area for breakfast. On the way there I see sister Yumie. "Morning sister Yumie" I say to her. "Morning Niap" she says and smiles. I like her she is really nice. "How are you this morning?" She asks. "I'm doing well and you sister Yumie?" I ask. "I'm doing well myself" Yumie says. We both smile. "Now go eat breakfast its the most important meal of the day" she says "ok bye sister Yumie have a good day" I say walking to the dining hall. "Thank you. You as well Niap" she says and Continues with what she was doing. Once I enter the dining hall everyone looks at me. "Hey look its the red eyed freak!" One of the boys yell out and the whole room laughs. I sigh and look down at the ground. *why do they treat me like this?* I think to myself. The other kids continued to laugh and say taunts. "Don't let the freak sit next to you or she she might infect you" or "you don't want red eyes like her" where some of the taunts I heard. "THATS ENOUGH PIPE DOWN NOW!" I heard someone shout. I look up and see Henkel with an angry look on her face. Everyone instantly goes quiet. "The insults will end starting today am I understood!?" Henkel says. "Yes sister Henkel" everyone says. Henkel nods and goes back to her original spot watching everyone. I go to a table in a back corner and sit alone. I sigh *what did I do to diserve being made fun of* when breakfast came we did our morning prayers. After that everyone eat and talked. I sat and picked at my oatmeal not really hungry. I sat and thought about my dream with the man in red. *who is he?* I think. "Hey ye alright Niap?" I hear someone ask. I look up to see Father Anderson seated across from me. "Uh yes father" I say looking at him. "Ye sure it seems as though there's something eating at ye" he ask and I can hear the caring tone in his voice. I sigh "I had another dream about the man in red" I say looking at the table. "Oh did anything new happen?" Anderson asks. "Yes he was talking with me this time" I say. "What did this man say?" He asks. "Well he kept calling me his little one or my little girl. It was weird" I say looking at father Anderson. "Aye that is strange" he agrees. I nod. "Anything else Niap?" He asks. "Well, I know it may seem strange, but I sometimes get the feeling like I know him from somewhere" I say nervously. "Aye I see" Anderson says and gets up. "Ye should eat lass. It's never good to skip breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day ye know" he says and smiles. "Yes father" I say smiling back. He pats my head and ruffles my hair. "Ye are a good young lass" he says and leaves. I have always liked Father Anderson since he took me in. He's been so nice to me and always gave me someone to talk to when I need to talk.