Chapter 12

~~Owen~~

I waked up really early in the night. I looked at my clock and it said 12:38. I knowed it wasn't in the afternoon because it would have been light out. Silly me.

I tried to go back to sleep, but my legs keeped on moving around, so I just decided to get up and play with my trucks.

I walked over to the corner and sat down in front of my big green monster truck. It was my favorite because it was big and green and a monster truck.

I started playing crash the trucks for a couple, maybe, 12 minutes, then I heard talking in the hall. I got up and walked over to the door very quietly. I opened the door just a little bit so my eyes and ears could be in the hallway. When I listened, I heard Aunt Lady's voice and someone else's. I did recognize it from somewhere, but I could not remember from where or who the person was. Then I thinked, I should go see who it is.

So I did.

I walked into the hall and moved to where I heared Aunt Lady talking. I did not want her to see me because then she would tell me to go back to bed. So I just stayed behind the wall and listened the them talk.

"What are you doing here." I heard Aunt Lady say. She sounded so so mad.  

"I just thought I would stop by for a visit." I heared the other lady say.

"Well leave. We don't need you here." Aunt Lady said. Wow, she really did sound so so SO mad.

"I'm not leaving until I see what I came here for." The lady said. "I want to see Owen."

~~Aunt Lady~~

"I'm not leaving until I see what I came here for." The disgusting parasite said. "I want to see Owen."

That just sent flames through me. The fact that she called Owen a "what" instead of an actual human being just made me want to strangle her.

"You are not going anywhere near him. He is mine now, I got custody of him since you abadoned him when he needed you most. You have no right to be a mother." I said. I felt pretty proud of myself considering what I just said.

"Well that's just too bad now, isn't it?" She had the most annoying, mocking tone I have ever heard. "I am going to see him, and there isn't anything you can do about it. What's the big deal Alice? Shouldn't he know who his real mother is?"

"You are not his real mother. Do you understand? I have been the one to help him this last year and a half. I have been the one to tuck him in at night and feed him food. You left him when he was in the emergency care. You just walked out the door and didn't even look back. I decided not to take it to court because I didn't want Owen to go through that. Now, I suggest you leave before I call security and make sure you never come back." I said. I was on the brink of tears as I said this all, just trying to comprehend how she could have done it. Just leaving like that. I simply could not wrap my head around it.

There was a moment of silence. Her face looked like she was trying to sort something out. Then she finally said, "You know what? Fine, I'll go. But don't expect to hear anything thing else from me. Ever."

Wow, that's exactly what I wanted. But there was a tone to her voice, something strange.

"Good," I said, "Now go." I showed no emotion.

She turned away and walked towards the exit. Surprisingly, she looked back once. I didn't give her a chance to try and come back, so I gave her the finger. I was feeling pretty strong that day.

When she turned around and walked out the door, I breathed a sigh of relief. I was only able to be content for a couple moments when I heard little pitter-patter of feet on the tile floor just around the corner. I leaned my head to the side to see if I could get a little peek at what made the sound. When I saw who it was, I could feel my face turn white.

"A-a-aunt Lady? Wh-ho was that?"