The Crime (Medic's POV)

It was like any other night, I was wandering the streets searching for a victim. I quickly found one, a young male. Athletic, a runner, goes by Scout. I knew him from my days as a mercenary for Mann Co. He didn't recognize me though. I offered to test his lungs since he'd had a bad cough and he agreed. So I led him off to an alleyway and grinned "So what're we doing here Doc?" He asked "Is zat a Bostonian accent I hear?" I asked "Yeah." He said

I smiled and pulled out my bone saw and smiled darkly at him and stabbed him through the chest and got out my scalpel and removed his organs and I took his money. I smiled at the sight of the mess that I had made and went back to my home.

My home isn't like what many would expect, unlike many criminals. I live in an abandoned building that was abandoned at least thirty years ago.

Now then, about how I get victims and stuff like that. I make sure that there aren't any security cameras around when I commit my crimes. And I don't target anyone in particular, I just want to see blood. As long as I get that, them fighting to live, or trying to escape I'm satisfied with any type of victim.

I went back to my home and closed off the secret entrance and went to my room. I knew the police had hired a detective to try and catch me, I laughed at the thought. See, the police has been trying to catch me for seven years now and they haven't gotten close once. Though I like to move from town to town, I like this town of (town). It's nice, plenty of victims for me.

Anyway I could hardly wait to see the detective that the police hired, I heard his name is (Y/N) (L/N). From what I've read he's caught criminals previously impossible to have been caught. "Let's see him try me." I said with a smirk as I went to sleep.

Time skip to the next morning

I awoke at the same time, 7 AM. I went out to get some food, as I was walking I noticed the police at the scene of my latest murder. I looked around to try and see detective (L/N) so I would know what I was dealing with. I didn't see him anywhere, only a woman. A very pretty woman at that. "Detective (L/N), here is a report on the latest victim and I'll have previous case reports for you later. Just have to get those printed."

I stared in disbelief. "That woman is the famous detective (L/N)?!" I thought "I'll have to keep an eye on her." "Everything is the exact same! Down to the last detail of every murder. It doesn't make any sense for Medic to repeat the exact same thing over and over. If he's as smart as you said he was, he would change how he kills his victims even a little. Change what he takes from his victims. Something!" The detective said.

Now I usually kill my victims in the same way each time. Stabbed in the chest with my bone saw, then I take my scalpel and remove the internal organs and sometimes I take the organs with me. And then I take their money so I can pay for food and all that stuff. After a while they started calling me stuff like "The medical slasher" because of my knowledge of the human body and use of medical tools. After a while I got bored of being called that so I signed a scene with "Medic". Since then I've been called Medic.

I went off to the same restaurant as I do all the time. I know the chef and owner so I get free food. His name is Pyro, he's fond of using fire to cook. By that I mean he starts a controlled fire and cooks food. I ordered the same, eggs over easy, bacon, and coffee. As per usual it was to go and Pyro made the food quickly and told me it was free of charge since we're such good friends.

I went back to my home and ate in silence and thought about Detective (L/N). "Such an intriguing woman. I'll have to pay her a visit sometime." I heard her walking by talking to another officer "So where will you be staying while you're here?" The officer asked "I've got an apartment not too far from here. It's the one on 1st street, apartment 42." That was all I cared to hear about.

I began plotting of when to visit her, what to do, and I patiently waited for the time to come when I visit Detective (L/N).