Eyes

Eyes

The beast stood before her as she held the sharpened blade in front of her. She wasn't professionally trained, the princess. She was only a mere child, 16 to be exact. To the Queen, she was a disgrace; she was despised by her father. She gave up her place.

The beast rushed at her as she raised her sword. As the dog collided with her weapon, her focus landed on its deep red eyes. A sharp pain sunk into her side and as scream resounded throughout the woods. Blood spilled onto the snow and soaked her green dress through. She grappled for the light as darkness clouded her vision.

~~

She awoke in her soft bed. Lately, the princess was having nightmares and she couldn't understand why. The red eyes. Those eyes had filled her dreams the past few nights, but no, she had never seen them before. She swung her legs over the side of the bed, lifting her sleep deprived body off the secure warmth. For some reason, she thought. Today feels like a big day.

She jumped as a loud knock bounced off her walls. A guard opened her door slowly.

"Your Highness, the Queen wishes to see you." The guard muttered. The princess nodded and stood, shivers shooting up her spine as her bare feet collided with the ice cold floor.

The guard shut the door behind him and the princess strode to her closet. She picked out a long, green dress that was embroidered with emeralds on the neckline. Stripping off her baby blue nightgown, she slipped into the dress. It fit her perfectly, and the bottom didn't touch the floor like the others did. She then slipped on grey, fuzzy snow boots; her feet were cold.

She headed down to the Queens' chambers, wondering why her mother wanted her so early. Maybe she had found a worthy prince. Or, maybe it was just an announcement she needed the princess for. She pushed open the large doors that led to the throne room.

There sat the Queen, on the large throne. The room was crowded with loads of people.

"Princess," the Queen said. "It has come to my attention that you have not been the royal role model you should be." The princess was confused at her mother's words. "I'm sorry, Your Majesty, but I have failed to comprehend what you're trying to say."

The Queen grinned the wickedest of grins. "You truly are stupid, my child. Can't you tell that this whole kingdom wants you dead," she laughed. "So I will grant their requests. Guards! Off with her head!"

The princess could barely believe her ears. No, this couldn't be happening, not to her. She tried to run as the guards grabbed her wrists. She screamed and thrashed around in their grasp, but nothing helped. Looking up, her vision focused on her mother's eyes...that were now blood red. A sharp pain sunk into her side and a scream resounded throughout the throne room. Blood spilled onto the slick marble floors and soaked her green dress through. She grappled for the light as darkness clouded her vision.

But this time, she couldn't wake up from the nightmare.

The End

//Hello world! It's Fudge here! Thanks for reading! I'll try to post another as soon as possible!~ Bai!~