Take Your Time

Magsimula sa umpisa

I always wanted to think of myself as straight, as "normal", or that it was just a phase. I do think that some guys are handsome, but don't feel extreme attractiveness towards them though. I only feel that way about some girls, especially about Kylie. The first time I saw that girl it just strike me from the blue...

Flashback:
December 2016,
It was late in 2016, the weather in L.A. cooled down a bit as it was winter, but it wasn't Alaska winter for sure. I was supposed to meet with Allie and a couple of other friends at Starbucks, you know the place where 16-year-olds go get coffee. When I saw Allie I ran towards her and hug her, the same as I did with others, but there's one person I didn't have a clue who it was.

"Hey, I'm Kylie," she introduced herself with a cheeky smile on her face.

"Hi and I'm Dani," I said with a smile, it felt like I was staring at her totally mesmerized, that's why I quickly looked away. We didn't interact much at first, because I was too much of a wimp to even try to talk to her. I felt really hypnotized by her looks, a beautiful brunette with striking emerald eyes. As everyone hit the conversation something was really dragging me towards her, so I wanted to make the first move.

"So how long are you friends with Allie, I thought I met all of them already," I gave her a smile as I stared into her hypnotizing eyes...Dani, snap out of it!

"I moved from Nashville a month ago and I met Allie right next door, she's my neighbor," she enthusiastically told me with a little bit of an accent.

"I can totally hear the Nashville in your accent though!" I told her impressed as she chuckled.

"Ever been to Nashville?" Kylie asked me, I nodded happily and gave the dumbest and weirdest answer in my life.

"Yeah, I've been and I learned a pretty awesome pickup line there," I proudly told her.

"No kidding, I'd love to hear it," she winked at me smiling.

"Are you from Tennessee? Cause you're the only ten I see," I said and winked out of pure dorkiness. She threw her head back and laughed, from the moment on I absolutely loved that about her, that I didn't need to make a fool out of myself to make her smile.

She leaned towards me and whispered on my ear, "Are you flirting with me?"

I shook my head and started smiling nervously, "I am totally not!"

"Prove it and take me on a date," she said grinning.

"I'm really gonna do it," I replied determinedly giving her a half smile.

"Then you do like me!" she excitedly said and in a second I was already engulfed in her hug. I never felt more peaceful in someone else's arms before, I felt like I could stay there forever and ever.

"So I'll have to go home pretty quickly because my parents are picking me up, can I borrow your phone just for a second?" Kylie asked sweetly, I nodded and gave her my iPhone.

After a moment she gave me my iPhone back and said, "My number is in the contacts, if you need it Dani," she add and gave me one more hug, and she said bye to all of us as her parents picked her up and they drove home.

That day I met Kylie and I felt completely overwhelmed by her. I liked a few girls now and then before, but not even one girl made me feel like Kylie did. I don't really know when my feelings towards girls started but, I always felt different from my sisters. As they were obsessed by boys, abs and muscles and everything, I didn't felt like I even fit in. At the age of twelve my feelings towards girls grew stronger, it wasn't that I didn't loved boys, I just couldn't feel anything towards them, yes I found some of them attractive, but I never could develop feelings for them.