7*No Camera No Evan*

Start from the beginning

"One," she recants holding each finger up for each number as I did, "even though you didn't study, you still had a high A in her class. Two and Three, you don't believe in animal dissection and wrote her an 'essay' telling her why animal rights should be respected. She then graded it and gave that to you as your 'dissection' grade." I cringe at the word. "Four, a lot of people only take her class for that reason and yet you have participated in class discussion making the subject interesting for your classmates. She doesn't blame anyone for not loving Biology, but she does really like that you give a second way to look at the study of life. She also respects that you know who you are and that you're not afraid to stand up for yourself or others life you."

"And the lizard?" I smirk.

"Well, she wasn't happy about that, but she told me, personally, that she didn't want you to get in trouble for your beliefs. Plus, when you opened the cage and left, 'Bamboo' just stayed there on his heated rock and slept. The only reason Cindy knew about it was because you wrote 'FREE RIGHTS' on the cage and she knew your handwriting," she smiles and shrugs. "And you hated her so much last year; you took Ecology with her this year."

"Yea, she's a drag. I just like to annoy her," I smile, knowing she doesn't believe me.

"You still have to go to both Jazz band and Ecology today right?" She confirms.

"Yep," I pop the 'p.'

"Okay then, I want you to talk to both of them before the end of the day and report back to me. You only have a couple months before you hit deadline for this application," she assigns me.

"Yea, yea," I say standing and picking up my one-shoulder book bag.

"See you at 2:30, Mr. Damonto," she calls after me as I walk through the front office. She knows me well enough that she knows I'll come back.

The bell rings as I walk to the band room. When I walk in, I see my boyfriend talking to the teacher. Evan always gets here before I do. He's in Photography right before this, which is a couple classrooms away.

Evan's also in this class, he plays the drums. We both really love music and Jazz Band is a step higher than regular band class. You have to tryout and it looks good on an application. When auditions came around last year, we decided to do a duet. It was pretty fantastic, but maybe that has something to do with the passion that my man was talking about in the park.

I walk to my spot on the carpeted step-looking platforms and set down my bag. I meander over to the instrument room to get my guitar, and take it back to my seat as well, setting up my music.

I stare in the direction of my band teacher and boyfriend, not wanting to walk over while Evan is still talking. I'm still mad at him; well more hurt than mad. As soon as Mr. Rad walks away, I move across the room to him, ignoring my man completely.

"Mr. Rad, do you have a second to talk real quick? I kinda need a favor," I start.

"Yea, sure man, what's up?" my teacher asks.

"Well, I went and saw Burb today and-"

"Is everything ok?" He interrupts, looking me over putting his hands on my shoulders. He takes a few seconds to move me around, trying to find any cuts or bruises. Being my favorite teacher, he knows all about how I used to get tossed around and would flee to her office. I look over to Evan, he's watching intently apparently worried too. "I thought that stuff stopped last year?"

"No, no, everything's fine. It wasn't anything like that," I mumble, embarrassed that he would assume that first thing. He releases me, both him and my boyfriend looking relieved. "I was just going to ask you if you could write me a letter of recommendation for Yale." I tell him, looking back up at his face.