Chapter 4- Let the Battle begin !

*Later that day*

*Murthy household*

"Nandini beta, tum theek toh Ho Na, tumhari tabiat kuch theek Nahi lag rahi, Sab office mein teek Tha Na. Boss neh kuch kaha to ni Na?" Chachi was getting really worried seeing the state of Nandini

Nandini knew she couldn't tell chachi the truth that Manik is her boss. She didn't want chachi to worry, because she knew if she found out it was him, she would make me quit the job no matter what happened. Of course I didn't want that to happen or else Rishab's treatment would need to be stopped.

"Nahi chachi, woh I'm so tired, on the first day there was so much work, checking files,Preparation for meetings, you know basics of working in an office".

She didn't tell chachi about what had happened when she fainted, and the storeroom. If she found out about all of these she wouldn't let me attend office from tomorrow.

"Waise batoa, tumhara boss kaisa hai, kya woh Sharukh Khan jaisa hai, handsomeee. Chachi blushed as she said Sharukh's name.

What was I meant tell chachi. I knew Manik was handsome....however my mind tried to say No he's not, after the way he treated me today, but still  my heart said yes.

Nandini breathed deeply, and answered neutrally and lied about his personality.

"No chachi he is no Sharukh Khan but he's is really generous. First thing he asked me when I entered the room  was, whether I wanted a  drink, so  I grabbed a filter coffee" Nandini was blabbering out what ever came in her mouth.

Chachi excitedly  answered, "hay Sharukh Khan ni toh aur Kya, he asked you for Coffee"

Nandini thought to herself, " more likely he treated me like his slave"

"So overall chachi it was a good day". Nandini was still lying, you could see by her eyes and facial expressions whilst she was telling chachi all about today.

Nandini quickly tried finishing the sentence before chachi asked her any other questions

She quickly ran upstairs, to freshen up. She laid there on her bed thinking about the harsh day she had been through. All the pain  was inside her which she just could not share with anyone, even if she wanted to.

Tears started flowing  up again,  there was just so much  sorrow filled in Nandini's life. First the accident of her parents at such a young age, Rishab not being able to speak because of the aftermath of the accident ,then amms passing away, and now this, having  to work under Manik Malhotra.

At that moment Rishab came in

Rishab always comes to  my room and we  talk to each other about how our day has been. I share literally everything with Rishab, and for him I could do anything, as after all he is my little baby brother. Well I guess not a baby any more but still. 

He communicates with me with sign language , because as you know Rishab can't speak. Very long story but to cut it short, after the dreadful accident and after mum and dad's death, Rishab has stopped speaking. As I mentioned before his treatment is the only reason I am willing to work under Manik.

"Hi Rishab", Nandini spoke to him not letting her face give it all away as to what happened today. Rishab and Nandini  are  so close that he  can literally read her face

Rishab using his hands and nodding his head mimed back indicating ."Di how are you, and how was your first day at the office?"

Nandini replied with the same answer she had replied to chachi, hoping to convince him the same way as she did to chachi.