Prologue - Percy

Percy

Something felt awfully off in Percy's life. It had been like that for a long time. 

A name always seemed to echo through his mind regardless of his previous thoughts.

Just Annabeth.

Annabeth.

Annabeth.

He always knew that was something important about her, but Percy could never remember exactly who this girl was, nor what she looked like. 

Percy thought the void would be filled when he figured out he was a wizard. Of course, it hadn't ended that way. Instead, the number of questions grew.

At the end of his sixth year, he had watched Dumbledore die. As if his headmaster knew his fate, he told Percy a fragmented version of the truth.

"Your life, it is not your own. You're not truly the boy who lived. The real one who defeated Voldemort as a baby was a boy known as Harry Potter. He is living your life in the United States. You must find him before it's too late. Before time collapses," Dumbledore said urgently. He kept on glancing around, as if he was being followed.

Percy gulped in a breath of air. "Sir, why are you just telling me this now?"

"Because the time is finally right. Percy, you're still a hero, but in another world. You must go save your own world before it's too late. Now you must go, Mr. Jackson."

Only a few weeks after Snape killed Dumbledore, Percy found himself in the burrow. Ron sat across from him, playing with one of Fred and George's trinkets they sold in their shop. His green eyes remained fixed on a Dumbledore trading card. "Ron," Percy got his attention. "Where's Hermione?"

Ron shrugged. "On her way, I suppose." 

Even their relaxing felt out of place. Percy felt like he should have been hunting down horcruxes and preparing to face the Dark Lord. Yet, he could pry his ass off of his bed. "Don't you feel like we should be doing something?" Percy asked suddenly.

"I don't mind some relaxing time. It's not like we have to do much anyway," Ron replied absentmindedly.

"That's exactly what I mean. Shouldn't we be worried about Voldemort?" Percy persisted, then rose to his feet. 

Ron didn't even glance upwards. "Nah. You beat him when you were a baby."

"But Dumbledore told me something," Percy murmured. He half-hoped Ron hadn't heard him.

His best friend shifted his attention to Percy. "What did he tell you?" he questioned accusingly. 

Percy straightened his back stiffly. "I'll tell you when Hermione gets here. I think it's really important."

"Even more important than Voldemort?"

Releasing a sigh from his throat, Percy closed his eyes. "Yes," he whispered.

--

A/N: Another quick preview of stuff to come. This is part one of a two-part prologue. Harry's part is planned to come tomorrow.

Please tell me what you think in the comments below and vote if you would like more.

Thanks for reading c:

-Em

PS: ALL RIGHTS FOR THE CHARACTERS IN THE PERCY JACKSON SERIES/ HEROES OF OLYMPUS SERIES AS WELL AS THE HARRY POTTER SERIES BELONG TO THE AUTHORS AND NOT TO ME IN ADDITION TO OTHER COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. I DO, HOWEVER, OWN THE CHARACTERS I HAVE CREATED.