Chapter 7: Unexplained Burst

After the whole incident wth Salome, I couldn't help but imagine what I would do if I were in James and Daniela's situation. I'd probably have a major panic attack or starting freaking out. Who knows how they kept their calm during the whole situation.

"How are you feeling?" Isco asked me. I looked at him and sighed. He got the memo to hug me and he did. I breathed in his scent and claimed myself a bit. Still being on edge and all.

"I'm okay I guess," I mumbled into his shirt.

"It's okay." He said rubbing my back and kissing my head. "She's safe and with her parents," I nodded and we stayed like that for a while.

"I'm just terrified. What if that happened to me while taking care of Gio or Junior?" I said looking up at Isco.

"Trust me it won't. Especially not with you. You're so protective and always watching them. And if it does happen I know for a fact you'll do everything to find them." I nodded and when we were about to part he set a light but helpful kiss on my forehead. "It's okay, don't stress about it. Know, if it weren't for you, we'd still be looking for her." I nodded and told him to go with his family.

I gave Junior back to Victoria after the whole incident and Gio was safe in Sergio's arms.

* The Next Day *

Everything has been happening in blurs. First off, my job here in Madrid has been amazing. All my co- workers treat me with respect and not because my brother is a famous soccer player but because of my work ethnic. Secondly, living with Isc has it's perks.

"Isco! Can you please help me with something!" I yelled from down the hall.

"Si! Aye voy!"

I waited patiently, and when I heard his footsteps I knew he was actually coming, for once.

"What's up?" He questioned. I looked up at my closet and he knew what I wanted. "Why can't you get a step stool like a normal person?" He questioned, reaching up and getting my blankets.

"Why do I need one, when I have a brother that's a call away?" I fired back.

"Touché." I smiled and hugged him. He just brought me in closer and nuzzled into my neck.

"What's up with you? You seem, tense."

He just kept hugging me and I just stood there, wrapping my arms harder, giving him a squeeze of comfort. He sighed and brought us over to the bed. He laid us down and he spooned us. Every time we were stressed when we were little, we would always come into each other's rooms and just lay cuddling the whole time, until we wanted to talk.

"Isco, I know you aren't ready to talk, but I want to know. Usually I wouldn't think anything about it, but you're starting to worry me," I said, putting my hand over his hand that was wrapped around my stomach.

He didn't answer and I took this to take initiative. I turned over and saw he was sleeping. His face was calm, and that's when I realized what was wrong, he was exhausted. I tried leaving him but, he just brought me in closer, wrapping his arms tighter around me, so I decided to stop fidgeting. I brought my hand up towards his face, cupping his cheek. I brushed my thumb under his eyes, on his eye bags. Then I proceeded to see his face was paler than usual, and I could see the slightest of wrinkles, caused because of the lack of sleep and stress.

I then brought him in closer, putting his head on my shoulder, putting my arm around his neck and he shifted unknowingly into me, like a child to his mother. My arm was under his head for more support and all I did was lay there, playing with his hair and rubbing his back, until I too was consumed with sleep.