Chapter 3

Peter tried to sleep, he tried to forget all the pain in his heart by falling into a deep sleep so far away that he wouldn't feel a single thing. He hadn't felt this way for a long time, the last time he had felt this way he lived on the streets in London. He got away from his pain back then, it's when he got taken to Neverland the place where dreams will never end. But it wasn't that good at all. Peter longed for the feeling of love though he didn't know what it felt like, he needed it badly. But since there were no real girls in Neverland (except for the Indians, but Peter wasn't allowed to come anywhere near them anymore) he didn't know how he could ever feel love, though he had felt love for Hook a long time ago. Peter was overthinking how he felt about Hook and he just couldn't sleep. "You're so stupid, why can't you just stop it?", Peter said to himself, wanting the thoughts to go away. But you can't have an empty mind, you can't just forget about it all at once. "Just stay away from him, Peter. He's no good for you.", Peter said talking to himself again.
"Ya know.. It's kinda cute when you talk to yourself.", a voice suddenly said. Peter looked up and saw Cole standing right next to his door with a smirk on his face. Cole was one of the lost boys that had come to Neverland over the years that went by, Peter and him always had a special relationship... But not that way.
Peter said nothing and there was a long silence. "Don't be ashamed silly, we all talk to ourselves sometimes, right?", Cole said laughing. Peter nodded, but his cheeks were still red. Cole walked up to Peter's bed and sat down next to him. "What's up?", Cole asked looking Peter deep in his eyes. "It's 3 AM, I'm in my pajamas and I'm tired as hell, nothing is up.", Peter said a bit annoyed. He's a boy, he didn't want to talk about his feelings.
"Peter, what's wrong?", Cole said being serious now. "Ok, all I really want is to eat right now, ok?", Peter said. "What do you wanna eat?", Cole asked him. "Donuts.", Peter said when a tear fell down his cheek. "It's ok to be sad over food. I'll get you some donuts right now. See ya.", Cole said and he stood up and walked away.
Seconds went by thinking, minutes went by being sad.
Finally Cole came back with a box of donuts. Peter wasn't that hungry but he just wanted to ignore his feelings somehow.
"Here ya go.", Cole said smiling while handing Peter the box. "Thx", Peter said, he directly shoved all the donuts into his mouth. Cole put his arm around him, because he saw something was wrong. Cole had always been a really good friend for Peter, though Peter didn't know why he was so nice to him.