Chapter Four

Beginne am Anfang

Rolf rubbed his chin as he thought about it. "Rolf doesn't see why he shouldn't."

The redhead's expression softened and he smiled a little. "Thanks, man. I just... I don't know what I got myself into, and I know I've been thinking and saying that a lot, but it's all I can even say about this whole thing. Plays are lame, man." He shook his head and the two began walking down the hallway.

"Back in my country, these plays were named as 'People who dress up and run around'."

Kevin smirked. "It was actually called that?"

"No, but that is what they did!"

The redhead laughed and nodded.

"But people were not the actors," Rolf added and Kevin furrowed his eyebrows, not understanding what the taller teen meant. "The actors were animals." Rolf grinned. "And they won prizes for their performances."

"Nuh-uh, man!" Kevin shook his head and chuckled. "You're joking!"

"What is this joke?"

And when Kevin noticed Rolf's expression wasn't changing from serious, the redhead widened his eyes.

"You guys let the animals be the actors?!"

"That is what I said. Yes. Rolf does not lie."

"But how did you guys even understand what they were say-" Kevin sighed and rolled his eyes. "Never mind. Forget it."

The bell rang and the two started heading to their class.

"Wilfred was granted the opportunity," Rolf told his friend.

"Yeah? Did he win an Emmy too?"

"What is an Emmy?" The blue-haired teen thought about his own question before finally dismissing it by waving his hand. "Wilfred was too good for the theatre."

Kevin nodded. "I'm sure that's the reason why he wasn't in the plays, Rolf."

Rolf scrunched up his face. "Rolf senses that you do not mean what you're saying."

"What are you talking about? Of course I mean what I say," Kevin purposely said this with more sarcasm than before, but Rolf fell for it and smiled in amusement as they entered their classroom.

Though Kevin wanted to add more just to mess with the guy, he decided against it and just took his seat.

"Speaking of Wilfred?" He whispered to Rolf. "Where is the dude?"

"He is with Jonny."

"You actually let Jonny watch him?"

"We all must make mistakes in life."

Kevin snickered at that, but he sighed and agreed.

What was life without some regrets?

"Hey, Kevin."

The redhead turned around to come face-to-face with Nazz and he smiled. "Hey, Nazz."

They moved forward in the lunch line and grabbed their treys.

"Listen," Nazz said as she put a piece of fried chicken onto her trey. "I was thinking that we could go into the theater room and go over our lines."

Oh great. Kevin tried not rolling his eyes at her, but it wasn't impossible. "Yeah, sure. Why not?"

The corners of Nazz's lips rose up. "Awesome, dude. Let's hurry up and finish our lunch then." She quickly piled her try with a salad bowl, a piece of pie, and apple juice before heading over to their usual table with Rolf already sitting there.