Chapter 1: DERIC

I know this might be a little fast, Might be, but I think it goes pretty good, seeming as it is the beginning of another book that I will be putting on here later. It is how that book got started. I noticed a while back when I was writing The Secret that I like to write memories and it always creates a story of it's own, so what I did when I was reading over a book I wrote last year, (that isn't on here yet) and I realized with all the memories that she was having, that I could just write the book of memories first before I put that book on here, that way you know her backstory and it all makes since when you read it.

Also, if you get bored waiting for me to post sometimes, check out my other stuff. If you want.

I don't really have a life, so it's just me and my books and I have like ten of them on here in progress, but most of those were already written and I am waiting for either internet half the time or a week after I wrote the last chapter to put the next on.

I hope you like this chapter!

_____________________________

"Sam?" I looked up startled from my paper I'd been doodling on and looked at my boss, Gracie. She looked at me worriedly and I stood up straight. She looked at my paper and then at me again. "Are you okay? You haven't really been yourself all day." I ran my hand over my face and sighed tiredly. "Is everything okay?"

"I'm just tired." I said quietly. She studied at me a moment, probably trying to see if I was lying or not. I closed my eyes and opened them again. "I didn't sleep well last night." She nodded and looked outside. "It's been kinda dead all day, so I started doodling."

"Well, it's getting kinda dark out." She looked at me and I looked outside. It sure was. "I was thinking about closing up shop early anyway. Seeming as it's a holiday. Why don't you go ahead and head out."

I looked at her.

"No, it's okay-"

"I insist." She smiled. "Go. Get. Shoooo." She drew it out as she waved her hands at me. I laughed a little. "Go Sam. The store will be waiting for you on Monday, just get." I shook my head as I laughed. I went over to my time clock and clocked out, then grabbed my things from the rack in the corner. "See you Monday!" Gracie called as I headed toward the door.

"Bye!" I called back and started to head out. I wrapped my jacket around me at the burst of cold wind and looked out over the darkening parking lot. My smile quickly fell as I shuddered, the feeling of someone watching me washing over me. I wasn't very sure I liked the thought of going home right now. Not alone anyway.

I breathed shakily and pulled out my phone. I dialed Sebastian's number and put the phone to my ear. I waited for him to answer before I started down the steps of my home away from home, Gracies' Book Store, and started walking home.

"I'm kind of busy right now Sam, what's up?" Sebastian asked as he answered the phone. He sounded a little breathless and angry, and I scowled. "Hey! Give me a moment will ya? I'm talking to my sister! What is it?" I flinched at the way he said it to me, and I wasn't sure I wanted him to come get me anymore. He sounded really angry right now. "Sam?"

"Oh." I sighed quietly. "Sorry. I was just wondering if you would come pick me up, but never mind. I'll walk." Something sounded like it hit the wall or something and something broke on the other end and I scowled.

"Owch!" He yelled and I breathed shakily. What was going on over there? It really didn't sound good on his end.

"What was that?" I asked as I stopped at the bottom of the steps. Something else broke and I jumped. "Sebastian?" I whispered. "What's going on?" there was a laugh and it wasn't very nice.